Transportation Head Is Guest Of Honor At EDC's Open House
By Ines Bebea
FAIRFIELD - James Earp, a newly appointed commissioner to the California Transportation Commission, will be the guest of honor at a reception Wednesday hosted by the Solano Economic Development Corporation.
"We want to welcome Jim to his new appointment," said Sandy Person, vice president of Solano EDC. "We want to demonstrate Solano County's commitment to being a part of the solution in the partnership to our transportation challenges."
The reception will also serve as an open house for Solano EDC's new office on 360 Campus Lane, Suite 102, in Fairfield.
Earp has served as executive director of the California Alliance for Jobs since 1998. Prior to that, he was public relations director for the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 3, a heavy construction union. Earp's appointment to the commission by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is a four-year term.
"As a member of the commission, one of my primary aims is to be an instrument to help secure funds for transportation," Earp said. "Voters have voted on tax revenue legislation to help revive an outdated system. For instance, Solano County has benefited from funds put into Jameson Canyon and Highway 12."
Earp, who has previously worked with Solano County representatives, said although there are still some unresolved transportation issues, the county can follow the lead of other counties that have been able to secure financing.
The commission is responsible for programs and allocation of funds for the construction of highways, passenger rail and transit improvements across the state. The nine-member commission also advises the state secretary of business, the Transportation and Housing Agency and the Legislature.
Reach Ines Bebea at 427-6934 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
At a glance
What: Solano EDC open house
When: 4:30 to 6 p.m. Wednesday
Where: 360 Campus Lane, Suite 102, Fairfield
Info: 864-1855 to RSVP
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
- Corporate Park Buildings OK'd
- UC Davis Gets Energy Lab
- Council Endorses Legislation To Amend Tax Code
- Big Lawrence Berkeley Lab Biofuel Project Boosts B...
- Genentech, Abbott Team Up On 2 Drugs
- UC Davis lands federal grant for "knockout mouse" ...
- Energy Department picks Bay Area for new bioenergy...
- UC Davis Is Partner in New $125 Million Federal Bi...
- Anheuser-Busch Tops In Diversity Practices
- County Budget Passes In Entirety
- UCLA economists say state will avoid recession
- Governor attends launch of UC Davis Energy Efficie...
- School of Public Health OK'd by UC Davis faculty
- Rally For Biotech
- Burgeoning Biotech
- Solano EDC to Welcome Farmland Trust Speaker
- This Bud's For You -- Fairfield's Anheuser-Busch B...
- Unlike Other Counties, Solano Not Facing Water Red...
- Biotech's Proposal Moves Step Closer To Approval
- Cancer Center Earns Accreditation
- Suisun Vintners, Growers Debut Co-Op Tasting Room
- Group Brainstorms For Solano's Economy
- Suisun Valley Ag Horizons Explored
- Business Leaders, Officials Ponder Ideas For Count...
- Crop Value Falls Short Of Estimate
- Unbuilding A Bridge
- Round-Up Slated
- Dinner Event Set
- Genentech Closer To Panel's OK
- Solano County Listed As Job Growth Area
- Calbee Opens Plant In Fairfield
- Pipe Dreams -- Benicia Company Gives Life To Old M...
- Sewer Plant Grows With The Flow
- Survey: Local Job Growth Outlook Good
- Vallejo Transit Funds OK'd
- Genentech Vice President Retiring
- Research, Industry Campus Plan Dominates Collinsvi...
- Sacramento to Vancouver flights take off Friday
- New Official Eyes Local Roads
- New Digs For Solano EDC
- New Web Site For Vallejo Vistors Center
- Transportation Head Is Guest Of Honor At EDC's Ope...
- Mare Island Business Strong As Steel
- Going Green
- Vacaville Firm Launches Facility
- Sacramento Region expects tech hiring gains
- Housing slump isn't hurting local developments
- UC Davis Gets $2.8M Stem Cell Grant
- County Gets Good Return On Its Crops
- Foy McNaughton Earns Citizen Of The Year Honors
- Economic Corp. Finds New Home, Commissioner
- County Recognized For Fiscal Excellence
- Fairfield Magnetizes Wine Lovers
- Graduation rates up at UC Davis awarding an estima...
- City Manager To Be Honored
- County Plans To Spend Big In New Fiscal Year
- Ralph Grossi To Appear At Solano EDC Dinner June 2...
- Rockville Trails Estates
- On The Menu
- Fruit, Veggies And Music
- Workshop Targets Ways To Improve 80 To 80 Corridor...
- Aide Becomes Public Information Officer
- ▼ June (62)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)