Sacramento to Vancouver flights take off Friday
Sacramento Business Journal - 4:19 PM PDT Thursday, June 14, 2007
by Melanie Turner
Air Canada Jazz is set to launch nonstop service to Vancouver, B.C., from Sacramento International Airport on Friday following a ceremonial presentation by the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department Honor Guard and the singing of both countries' national anthems by a member of the Canadian Royal Police.
Air Canada Jazz is the second foreign carrier to offer flights from Sacramento International Airport. The airline will offer twice-daily nonstop service from Sacramento to Vancouver, B.C.
The Halifax, Nova Scotia-based airline, Air Canada's regional carrier, will depart Sacramento at 7:40 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Flights from Vancouver will arrive in the capital at 3:52 p.m. and 9:47 p.m. Flights have been timed to coincide with connections in Vancouver to and from Air Canada's flights to Asia and points across Canada.
People traveling from Sacramento to Europe or Asia often fly out of San Francisco or Los Angeles. Danna Siverts, sales and marketing associate for Vancouver Airport Authority, said it makes more sense to fly north.
"It's all about ease and convenience," she said. "You shouldn't have to fly south to go north."
There are 117 flights a week to Asia out of Vancouver International Airport, Siverts said.
Mexicana Airlines is the airport's only other international carrier. That airline began service from Sacramento International on July 1, 2002. Domestic carrier Frontier Airlines also launched international nonstop service to Mexico earlier this year.
Thursday, June 14, 2007
- Corporate Park Buildings OK'd
- UC Davis Gets Energy Lab
- Council Endorses Legislation To Amend Tax Code
- Big Lawrence Berkeley Lab Biofuel Project Boosts B...
- Genentech, Abbott Team Up On 2 Drugs
- UC Davis lands federal grant for "knockout mouse" ...
- Energy Department picks Bay Area for new bioenergy...
- UC Davis Is Partner in New $125 Million Federal Bi...
- Anheuser-Busch Tops In Diversity Practices
- County Budget Passes In Entirety
- UCLA economists say state will avoid recession
- Governor attends launch of UC Davis Energy Efficie...
- School of Public Health OK'd by UC Davis faculty
- Rally For Biotech
- Burgeoning Biotech
- Solano EDC to Welcome Farmland Trust Speaker
- This Bud's For You -- Fairfield's Anheuser-Busch B...
- Unlike Other Counties, Solano Not Facing Water Red...
- Biotech's Proposal Moves Step Closer To Approval
- Cancer Center Earns Accreditation
- Suisun Vintners, Growers Debut Co-Op Tasting Room
- Group Brainstorms For Solano's Economy
- Suisun Valley Ag Horizons Explored
- Business Leaders, Officials Ponder Ideas For Count...
- Crop Value Falls Short Of Estimate
- Unbuilding A Bridge
- Round-Up Slated
- Dinner Event Set
- Genentech Closer To Panel's OK
- Solano County Listed As Job Growth Area
- Calbee Opens Plant In Fairfield
- Pipe Dreams -- Benicia Company Gives Life To Old M...
- Sewer Plant Grows With The Flow
- Survey: Local Job Growth Outlook Good
- Vallejo Transit Funds OK'd
- Genentech Vice President Retiring
- Research, Industry Campus Plan Dominates Collinsvi...
- Sacramento to Vancouver flights take off Friday
- New Official Eyes Local Roads
- New Digs For Solano EDC
- New Web Site For Vallejo Vistors Center
- Transportation Head Is Guest Of Honor At EDC's Ope...
- Mare Island Business Strong As Steel
- Going Green
- Vacaville Firm Launches Facility
- Sacramento Region expects tech hiring gains
- Housing slump isn't hurting local developments
- UC Davis Gets $2.8M Stem Cell Grant
- County Gets Good Return On Its Crops
- Foy McNaughton Earns Citizen Of The Year Honors
- Economic Corp. Finds New Home, Commissioner
- County Recognized For Fiscal Excellence
- Fairfield Magnetizes Wine Lovers
- Graduation rates up at UC Davis awarding an estima...
- City Manager To Be Honored
- County Plans To Spend Big In New Fiscal Year
- Ralph Grossi To Appear At Solano EDC Dinner June 2...
- Rockville Trails Estates
- On The Menu
- Fruit, Veggies And Music
- Workshop Targets Ways To Improve 80 To 80 Corridor...
- Aide Becomes Public Information Officer
- ▼ June (62)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)