Cancer Center Earns Accreditation
By Daily Republic Staff
VALLEJO - Sutter Solano Cancer Center has earned a three-year accreditation with commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
Approval is given to centers that have voluntarily committed to providing a high level of cancer care and undergo regular evaluations and reviews of their performance.
"It is unusual for such a new cancer center to receive commendation from the American College of Surgeons," said Janice Hoss, R.N., director of cancer services at Sutter Solano Cancer Center, in a press release.
"The accreditation not only validates all the hard work of our outstanding team to provide the ultimate in patient care, but also confirms for patients that the best cancer care is right here in Solano County."
The Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons, is a consortium of professional organizations dedicated to improving survival rates and quality of life for cancer patients through quality care.
For information about Sutter Solano Cancer Center's programs and services, call 554-5326.
- Corporate Park Buildings OK'd
- UC Davis Gets Energy Lab
- Council Endorses Legislation To Amend Tax Code
- Big Lawrence Berkeley Lab Biofuel Project Boosts B...
- Genentech, Abbott Team Up On 2 Drugs
- UC Davis lands federal grant for "knockout mouse" ...
- Energy Department picks Bay Area for new bioenergy...
- UC Davis Is Partner in New $125 Million Federal Bi...
- Anheuser-Busch Tops In Diversity Practices
- County Budget Passes In Entirety
- UCLA economists say state will avoid recession
- Governor attends launch of UC Davis Energy Efficie...
- School of Public Health OK'd by UC Davis faculty
- Rally For Biotech
- Burgeoning Biotech
- Solano EDC to Welcome Farmland Trust Speaker
- This Bud's For You -- Fairfield's Anheuser-Busch B...
- Unlike Other Counties, Solano Not Facing Water Red...
- Biotech's Proposal Moves Step Closer To Approval
- Cancer Center Earns Accreditation
- Suisun Vintners, Growers Debut Co-Op Tasting Room
- Group Brainstorms For Solano's Economy
- Suisun Valley Ag Horizons Explored
- Business Leaders, Officials Ponder Ideas For Count...
- Crop Value Falls Short Of Estimate
- Unbuilding A Bridge
- Round-Up Slated
- Dinner Event Set
- Genentech Closer To Panel's OK
- Solano County Listed As Job Growth Area
- Calbee Opens Plant In Fairfield
- Pipe Dreams -- Benicia Company Gives Life To Old M...
- Sewer Plant Grows With The Flow
- Survey: Local Job Growth Outlook Good
- Vallejo Transit Funds OK'd
- Genentech Vice President Retiring
- Research, Industry Campus Plan Dominates Collinsvi...
- Sacramento to Vancouver flights take off Friday
- New Official Eyes Local Roads
- New Digs For Solano EDC
- New Web Site For Vallejo Vistors Center
- Transportation Head Is Guest Of Honor At EDC's Ope...
- Mare Island Business Strong As Steel
- Going Green
- Vacaville Firm Launches Facility
- Sacramento Region expects tech hiring gains
- Housing slump isn't hurting local developments
- UC Davis Gets $2.8M Stem Cell Grant
- County Gets Good Return On Its Crops
- Foy McNaughton Earns Citizen Of The Year Honors
- Economic Corp. Finds New Home, Commissioner
- County Recognized For Fiscal Excellence
- Fairfield Magnetizes Wine Lovers
- Graduation rates up at UC Davis awarding an estima...
- City Manager To Be Honored
- County Plans To Spend Big In New Fiscal Year
- Ralph Grossi To Appear At Solano EDC Dinner June 2...
- Rockville Trails Estates
- On The Menu
- Fruit, Veggies And Music
- Workshop Targets Ways To Improve 80 To 80 Corridor...
- Aide Becomes Public Information Officer
- ▼ June (62)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)