County to Contribute $1M to Mission Solano
By Daily Republic staff
FAIRFIELD - Solano County will contribute $1 million to Mission Solano for the construction of the Bridge to Life Center, a homeless shelter and counseling center, the Board of Supervisors decided Tuesday.
The 3.5 acre site is scheduled to be constructed on Beck Avenue, just south of the Health and Social Services building, and will expand homeless facilities and programs in the Fairfield-Suisun area. It is intended to complement Health and Social Service assistance to the homeless.
The contribution will offset the estimated $8 million cost for the project. Mission Solano has already raised 81 percent of the construction cost, with contributions from the city of Fairfield, Jelly Belly and Valero Refining.
In addition, up to 50 percent of the construction cost has been granted by Home Aid, a nonprofit organization formed by the construction industry.
The Bridge to Life will include 158 beds for homeless men, women and children as well as a daycare center, men's transitional living quarters, a dining hall, education facilities, playing fields and a 200-seat chapel.
Residents will get on-site counseling and be able to stay up to 18 months. The center will also offer drop-in counseling services to the homeless. It is scheduled to be completed by fall 2008.
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
- New Date At Strait
- School District Celebrates Twin Achievements
- Lagoon Valley Developer Seeks Wetlands Permit
- Tahoe Artist Tapped To Paint Mural
- Touro's 'Village' Concept Praised
- Solano EDC Hosts Event
- Suisun Valley Co-op Aims For Niche In Wine Market
- Come Share The 'Joy of Eating' At Restaurant
- New Suisun Restaurant To Feature California French...
- Agency Wins Award For Laurel Gardens Project
- AIRMID LICENSED TO DEVELOP CANDIDATE DRUGS FROM UC...
- UC Davis licenses autoimmune patents
- The Sacramento Region is showing improving job gro...
- Wal-Mart Victorious In AmCan
- Supes: Marketing Could Help Vineyards
- Fairfield Recognized With National Housing Award
- City Wants Mural To Paint Positive Image
- Agro-Tourism Seeds Planted
- Supervisors To Hear Study Touting Appeal Of Suisun...
- Paradise Expands
- 10 Questions With Charles Eason
- Complicated Growth Issues Face Solano
- $50,000-per-year GREAT grants stimulate and suppor...
- San Jose area ranks tops for nanotech
- Suisun City Plans To Dredge Up Harbor
- Vacaville Revives VIP Day, A Development Sales Pit...
- Vacaville: 'Great Hub For Businesses'
- Counties, Caltrans agree to co-manage Highway 12 p...
- Bay Area execs see job growth
- Mercedes-Benz To Set Up Shop In Auto Mall
- Whales Wend Their Way To Rio Vista
- City to Roll Red Carpet For Investors
- Farmer Teams Up With Raley's to Sell Home-Grown Oi...
- Report Shows Employment Up in Solano
- Affordable and Green
- Oil's Future
- Refinery owners upgrading for more reliability, pr...
- Aviators Told of Nut Tree's Coming Phase
- Vacaville On Display For Visiting VIPs
- Travis Funding Part of Defense Appropriation
- Fentons to Open Ice Cream Parlor at Nut Tree Park
- Touro Moves Quickly on M.I. Village
- City to Seek Aid For Clean Fleet's Sustainance
- Supervisors OK Homeless Shelter Donation of $1M
- Developer Touts Wine-Country Living at Affordable ...
- County to Contribute $1M to Mission Solano
- ▼ May (46)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)