Dixon and Suisun City Fire Departments to Get Grants
By Daily Republic Staff
SUISUN CITY - Both the Dixon and Suisun City Fire Departments are getting a financial boost from the Department of Homeland Security in the form of grants worth more than $150,000.
The federal government allocated $85,410 to Dixon firefighters and $72,153 to Suisun City firefighters to upgrade equipment, according to an announcement from Rep. Ellen Tauscher, D-Alamo.
"For such a small city with limited budgeting capabilities, we are always thankful to receive federal funding," Suisun City Manager Suzanne Bragdon said. "It allows us to upgrade our services across the board and keep our community safer."
Monday, February 05, 2007
- Biotech Behemoth Leads Vacaville Boom
- Magna Set to Jockey on Downs
- State Yanks 80/680 Junction Off Funding List
- Suisun to Consider Hampton Inn's Plans for Waterfr...
- Amusement Park Adds Extra Dimension to Nut Tree Vi...
- Nut Tree Set For Phase 2
- Solano Cities Hope Hotels Can Help Tap Into Touris...
- Revenue Outlook Is Rosy For Dixon
- 'Napa Valley Cuisine at Vacaville Prices'
- County May Lower Solar Panel Cost Again
- Supes to Pick New Members of General Plan Committe...
- Realizing our economic potential in Solano County
- Solano homes slightly more affordable
- East Bay's housing slump may soon affect jobs, st...
- Spirits of invention - sacbee.com
- A Federal Reserve economist sees job growth, housi...
- Wolk Backs Fix At I-80, 680 Merge
- Old Country Roofing Dives Further Into Solar
- Water Money Flows
- Expect Good Job Prospects in Solano County This Ye...
- Governor Stokes Hope for Interchange Funding
- State Stem Cell Grants Awarded
- Racetrack Campaign Brings Out Big Gun
- Survey Shows Local Employers Ready to Expand Workf...
- Health and Crime Lab in the Works
- Building For Education
- East Bay home sales down again in January
- Will Solano County someday add another city?
- Solano County enjoyed a remarkable - and record-br...
- Two University of California Davis scientists won ...
- '08 should be big year for I-80 repair
- UC Davis Health System has major economic impact o...
- CTC staff puts widening of Highway 12 in Jameson C...
- Solano Supes increase emergency funds
- STA determines priority projects
- Bay Area home prices, sales sliding toward cellar
- More employers recruit the military work ethic - T...
- First Northern Bank, announced the appointment of ...
- Woodland's future has its bright spots
- Solano County unemployment dipped to 4.5 percent i...
- Vallejo car mart alternative to purchasing vehicle...
- Solano waiting to see if highway projects on list
- View From Fhe Summit
- Solano Waiting to See if Highway Projects on List
- Business, Government Leaders Focus on Working Toge...
- BAY AREA
- Bay Area home sales slowest in 11 years
- Economic Summit Strategy: To Define Vision For Sol...
- Workforce Board Receives $135,000 Grant
- Ag Ambassador Making Suisun Valley a 'Must-See' De...
- Solano EDC Touts County at Conference
- Solano, Napa Clinics Receive Kaiser Windfall
- E.D.D: Drop in Jobless Rate
- Bright Budget
- Center Helps Would-Be Small Business Owners
- '08 Should Be Big Year for I-80
- Big Bay Area campuses are making it on life (scien...
- January new-home sales in Northern California reac...
- Premier Commerical Inc. PRESS RELEASE
- Dixon Smiles Beyond its Political Turbulence
- Plan to Open Staples Store Being Studied
- Major Projects May Give Boost to Suisun City
- Old Country Roofing, 40 year-old Vacaville-based c...
- Wildlands Opens Solano County Mitigation Bank
- Local Mom-and-Pop Vineyard a Winner
- BP Funds Berkeley in Biofuels Research
- Suisun City Budget Healthier Than Expected
- Solano County's Economy on the Rise
- Analysts See More Growth in Solano
- Scottrade Opens Office in Fairfield
- On the Cutting Edge
- The California Building Standards Commission has a...
- Environmental Clean-Up Firm to Head Project
- Big Building, Bigger Investment
- Dixon and Suisun City Fire Departments to Get Gran...
- Willotta Oaks
- UC Davis News & Information :: New student health ...
- Impact Report for New UC Davis Primate Center Labs...
- Vet students learn farm animal skills on the job
- $5.1 Million to Fund Ag Health and Safety Center a...
- Solano likely to benefit by Dems' clout
- Dixon sees road to better Rt. 113
- CALSTAR, short for California Shock/Trauma Air Res...
- Recruitment Coup
- BIRDS LANDING, SOLANO COUNTY
- Applications up at Sacramento State - Sacramento B...
- Cal to be hub for study of alternate fuel
- $57 Million in Measure V Funds Spent So Far on Vac...
- ▼ February (88)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)