Vallejo Group Earns 4-Star Chamber Accreditation
By RACHEL RASKIN-ZRIHEN/Times-Herald staff writer
Article Launched: 03/12/2008
The United States Chamber of Commerce on Monday named the Vallejo chamber one of only 10 in California to receive a 4-Star Accreditation.
The Vallejo Chamber of Commerce was recognized for its sound policies, effective organizational procedures and positive impact on the community, said Rick Wells, Vallejo chamber president and CEO.
To receive accreditation, a chamber must meet minimum standards in its operations and programs, including areas of governance, government affairs and technology, Wells said. The required extensive self-review can take up to six months, he said.
"We are extremely proud," Wells said. "This designation is a tribute to our outstanding staff team, and to the commitment and dedication of our volunteer leadership to build an effective and productive organization."
The Vallejo chamber is one of only four Northern California chambers to ever receive the U.S. Chamber's 4-Star rating, Wells said
The Vallejo Chamber of Commerce has more than 600 members, representing almost 12,000 employees, and works to strengthen Vallejo's economy and improve the quality of life for the entire community, he added.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
- Extending CA net operating losses carry-forward to...
- Benicia's Universal Environmental bought by Clean ...
- Copart Grows Again
- Sludge Spread: More Than 14,000 Tons of Biosolids ...
- Travis Commander Shares Deployment Experiences Wit...
- Travis Commander Back From Mideast
- SMUD: New Wind Turbines Can Power Homes
- Forlorn Hope's Suisun Valley wines receive high pr...
- Developer Has Big Plans For Marina Shopping Center...
- Vallejo Group Earns 4-Star Chamber Accreditation
- Solano County gives Affiliated Computer Services $...
- Honeywell and Solano County in solar deal
- Vacaville Police Chief Honored
- FIRST ROBOTICS COMPETITION RETURNS TO UC DAVIS CAM...
- Reputation Of Travis Solid In D.C.
- Paper Turns 125
- City Leaders Lobby in D.C.
- Airport Commission Takes Look At Wind Farm Project...
- Governor Tours Fairfield Plant
- SMUD Plants More Turbines At Wind Farm
- Governor Touts Apprentice Training
- County Hires Solano EDC For Studies
- Economic Group To Get Travis Status
- $21.6 million UC Davis new recital hall to be loca...
- FAIRFIELD, CA CENTER OF SUPPORT FOR NORTHERN CALIF...
- Planners Get 500-Megawatt Rower Project
- Discovery Kingdom To Open 40th Season
- Travis Backs Wind Farm
- PG&E Begins Work To Meet Growing Needs
- Travis Commander To Speak At Solano EDC Luncheon
- Energy Measures Could Bring Business
- Wines Are Winners
- Environmental Studies
- ▼ March (33)
- ► 2007 (799)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)