Honeywell and Solano County in solar deal
East Bay Business Times
Solano County boosted its commitment to solar energy with a 20-year solar power purchase agreement with Honeywell International Inc., the Morristown, N.J. technology and manufacturing company.
Under the agreement, Honeywell will install a 746-kilowatt solar array near the Claybank Adult Detention Facility in Fairfield and sell the electricity produced to the county to help power the jail. Honeywell plans to install the solar panels on bus ports it will build at a parking lot for local school buses near the facility.
The county expects it will save more than $1 million a year in energy costs over the next 20 years, at which time it will have the option to purchase the solar array or continue to purchase the electricity.
The solar project is expected to generate nearly 1.2 million kilowatt-hours of electricity annually, or enough to power more than 100 homes a year. It will supply more than 60 percent of the facility's electricity needs, and will cut carbon dioxide emissions by more than 14,500 metric tons over the course of the contract.
It is the third solar electric facility in Solano County, and brings the county's renewable energy power generation to more than one megawatt.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
- Extending CA net operating losses carry-forward to...
- Benicia's Universal Environmental bought by Clean ...
- Copart Grows Again
- Sludge Spread: More Than 14,000 Tons of Biosolids ...
- Travis Commander Shares Deployment Experiences Wit...
- Travis Commander Back From Mideast
- SMUD: New Wind Turbines Can Power Homes
- Forlorn Hope's Suisun Valley wines receive high pr...
- Developer Has Big Plans For Marina Shopping Center...
- Vallejo Group Earns 4-Star Chamber Accreditation
- Solano County gives Affiliated Computer Services $...
- Honeywell and Solano County in solar deal
- Vacaville Police Chief Honored
- FIRST ROBOTICS COMPETITION RETURNS TO UC DAVIS CAM...
- Reputation Of Travis Solid In D.C.
- Paper Turns 125
- City Leaders Lobby in D.C.
- Airport Commission Takes Look At Wind Farm Project...
- Governor Tours Fairfield Plant
- SMUD Plants More Turbines At Wind Farm
- Governor Touts Apprentice Training
- County Hires Solano EDC For Studies
- Economic Group To Get Travis Status
- $21.6 million UC Davis new recital hall to be loca...
- FAIRFIELD, CA CENTER OF SUPPORT FOR NORTHERN CALIF...
- Planners Get 500-Megawatt Rower Project
- Discovery Kingdom To Open 40th Season
- Travis Backs Wind Farm
- PG&E Begins Work To Meet Growing Needs
- Travis Commander To Speak At Solano EDC Luncheon
- Energy Measures Could Bring Business
- Wines Are Winners
- Environmental Studies
- ▼ March (33)
- ► 2007 (799)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)