City Leaders Lobby in D.C.
By Ben Antonius | Daily Republic | March 04, 2008
FAIRFIELD - Keeping Travis Air Force Base robust was the theme of the day during the city's annual lobbying day in Washington, D.C.
Mayor Harry Price, Councilman Chuck Timm and City Manager Sean Quinn made the rounds with the nation's top military officials at the Pentagon on Tuesday, discussing the future of the C-5 Galaxy and C-17 Globemaster III programs among other Travis concerns.
The three are in the nation's capital this week to push Fairfield's issues with state and federal leaders. The delegation will meet with congressional leaders today.
'We are the messenger,' Timm said. 'The Air Force officials were very circumspect in what they want. They know the monetary issues, they're facing a deficit just like we are.'
Atop the lobbying priority list was the continuation of the C-5 Galaxy and C-17 Globemaster III military transports, both of which operate out of Travis.
For the complete story check out the Daily Republic Online
- Extending CA net operating losses carry-forward to...
- Benicia's Universal Environmental bought by Clean ...
- Copart Grows Again
- Sludge Spread: More Than 14,000 Tons of Biosolids ...
- Travis Commander Shares Deployment Experiences Wit...
- Travis Commander Back From Mideast
- SMUD: New Wind Turbines Can Power Homes
- Forlorn Hope's Suisun Valley wines receive high pr...
- Developer Has Big Plans For Marina Shopping Center...
- Vallejo Group Earns 4-Star Chamber Accreditation
- Solano County gives Affiliated Computer Services $...
- Honeywell and Solano County in solar deal
- Vacaville Police Chief Honored
- FIRST ROBOTICS COMPETITION RETURNS TO UC DAVIS CAM...
- Reputation Of Travis Solid In D.C.
- Paper Turns 125
- City Leaders Lobby in D.C.
- Airport Commission Takes Look At Wind Farm Project...
- Governor Tours Fairfield Plant
- SMUD Plants More Turbines At Wind Farm
- Governor Touts Apprentice Training
- County Hires Solano EDC For Studies
- Economic Group To Get Travis Status
- $21.6 million UC Davis new recital hall to be loca...
- FAIRFIELD, CA CENTER OF SUPPORT FOR NORTHERN CALIF...
- Planners Get 500-Megawatt Rower Project
- Discovery Kingdom To Open 40th Season
- Travis Backs Wind Farm
- PG&E Begins Work To Meet Growing Needs
- Travis Commander To Speak At Solano EDC Luncheon
- Energy Measures Could Bring Business
- Wines Are Winners
- Environmental Studies
- ▼ March (33)
- ► 2007 (799)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)