Sutter opens Vallejo primary care center
East Bay Business Times - 2:26 PM PDT Tuesday
by Kathy Robertson
Sutter Regional Medical Foundation will open a new medical office building in Vallejo on August 14 to serve new and current patients living in Vallejo, Benicia and surrounding communities like America Canyon and Napa.
The 17,000-square-foot office is located on the second floor of the Sutter Solano Cancer Center at 100 Hospital Drive in Vallejo.
Sacramento-based Sutter Health is spending $42.5 million to recruit more doctors and build more medical offices in Solano County. Ambulatory care has become the fastest-growing segment of Sutter, as the health system adds services in areas where there is demand.
Two primary-care physicians will open the Vallejo office, but there is room for nine doctors and accompanying staff. An ear, nose and throat specialist and general surgeon will see patients at the new office, and additional specialties, including obstetrics and gynecology, will be added soon.
Patients can get laboratory work done on site, as well as X-rays, mammograms, ultrasound and bone-density tests.
Sutter stepped up its involvement in Solano in mid-2003, when the largest multispecialty doctors' group in the county sold its assets to the health system. The group is now called Sutter Regional Medical Foundation.
"We are extending our reach to South Solano County, giving residents and families greater choices in medical care in a new, state-of-the-art facility," said Dr. Samuel Santoro, president of the medical group.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
- ► 2007 (799)
- Second C-17 Arrives at Travis
- Borders Group Inc. is opening a 20,000-square-foot...
- Revival at Nut Tree Driven Home
- Billboards Try to Snatch Business Off Freeway
- Magna Promises Money in Dixon Race Track Agreement...
- Genentech Cancer Drug May Help Fight MS
- Sunset on the Water
- Private Ceremony Set to Mark Railroad
- Family Farm Days Draws Bay Area Visitors
- Nut Tree Markets Park Memberships
- Innovation Key to Rekindling the Sciences
- Downtown's Looking Up
- Sport Chalet to Open at Nut Tree
- Open for Business
- Job Growth in Solano Beats Labor Pool Gain
- Nut Tree regains air ambulance
- "Vallejo Crossroads" project, a 25,000 square foot...
- Nutrition Center is Unveiled
- New Facilities for AmCan to be Discussed at Counci...
- UC Davis and some other California universities ha...
- Innovative Approach
- Nut Tree in Bloom
- Forum scheduled
- Vacaville-Dixon Greenbelt to Expand
- Developer's Plans Thrill Vallejo Mayor
- Dixon Smooths Outlook to Finish Repaving Work
- Group: Fairfield Home Among Top 10 Percent in USA
- Lowe's Might Open Vallejo Store
- Local Weather Stations Helping Farmers
- 'Bully' for Jelly Belly!
- New Projects Slated for City
- Touchdown at Travis
- C-17 Casts First Big Shadow at Travis
- Pylon Signs to Spotlight Nut Tree Site
- Red-Carpet Welcome
- County Cities Could Get Influx of Delta Water
- Solano benefits from economic ties with surroundin...
- Genentech Maps Massive Expansion
- Downtown Revitalized
- Vanden Construction Rolls Ahead
- New Medical Offices Open
- Healthy Candy? Sweet!
- Solano Sees No Need for Universal Care
- A Big Day for Travis, Solano
- Vacaville's Acorn Won't Fall Too Far From the Nut ...
- Pilot Buoyed by New Role
- A Special Debut
- Solano County - Once-quiet corridor from Vallejo t...
- This Fine Ol' House
- Head Start Program Among Nation's Best
- Firm licenses UCD diagnostics for autism
- Crucial Report on Dixon Downs
- Sutter opens Vallejo primary care center
- Solano EDC Hosts Golf Tourney
- ▼ August (54)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)