Sport Chalet to Open at Nut Tree
By Ben Antonius
VACAVILLE -ÊThe latest addition to the new Nut Tree Village Shopping Center will debut Friday when Sport Chalet opens its doors for the first time.
The Southern California-based sporting goods company is having a three-day grand opening starting Friday morning to celebrate the opening of its newest store.
"It's almost going to be a little mini-fair in our parking lot," said Sport Chalet spokeswoman Amber Hays.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be at 9 a.m. on Friday with the store opening to follow at 9:30 a.m. Grand opening events will continue throughout the weekend with BMX riders, skateboarders and others performing in front of the store.
The 41,600-square-foot Sport Chalet store is one component in a massive redevelopment effort under way at the Nut Tree site in Vacaville. The project includes 325,000 square feet of retail space, 180 town homes, 150,000 square feet of office space and a family-oriented amusement park.
Officials with the firm handling the leases could not be reached for comment on Monday.
Among the other tenants already announced are BestBuy, Old Navy and Borders. Some of the stores have already moved into the shopping center and others are expected to through the end of the year.
Reach Ben Antonius at 427-6977.
- ► 2007 (799)
- Second C-17 Arrives at Travis
- Borders Group Inc. is opening a 20,000-square-foot...
- Revival at Nut Tree Driven Home
- Billboards Try to Snatch Business Off Freeway
- Magna Promises Money in Dixon Race Track Agreement...
- Genentech Cancer Drug May Help Fight MS
- Sunset on the Water
- Private Ceremony Set to Mark Railroad
- Family Farm Days Draws Bay Area Visitors
- Nut Tree Markets Park Memberships
- Innovation Key to Rekindling the Sciences
- Downtown's Looking Up
- Sport Chalet to Open at Nut Tree
- Open for Business
- Job Growth in Solano Beats Labor Pool Gain
- Nut Tree regains air ambulance
- "Vallejo Crossroads" project, a 25,000 square foot...
- Nutrition Center is Unveiled
- New Facilities for AmCan to be Discussed at Counci...
- UC Davis and some other California universities ha...
- Innovative Approach
- Nut Tree in Bloom
- Forum scheduled
- Vacaville-Dixon Greenbelt to Expand
- Developer's Plans Thrill Vallejo Mayor
- Dixon Smooths Outlook to Finish Repaving Work
- Group: Fairfield Home Among Top 10 Percent in USA
- Lowe's Might Open Vallejo Store
- Local Weather Stations Helping Farmers
- 'Bully' for Jelly Belly!
- New Projects Slated for City
- Touchdown at Travis
- C-17 Casts First Big Shadow at Travis
- Pylon Signs to Spotlight Nut Tree Site
- Red-Carpet Welcome
- County Cities Could Get Influx of Delta Water
- Solano benefits from economic ties with surroundin...
- Genentech Maps Massive Expansion
- Downtown Revitalized
- Vanden Construction Rolls Ahead
- New Medical Offices Open
- Healthy Candy? Sweet!
- Solano Sees No Need for Universal Care
- A Big Day for Travis, Solano
- Vacaville's Acorn Won't Fall Too Far From the Nut ...
- Pilot Buoyed by New Role
- A Special Debut
- Solano County - Once-quiet corridor from Vallejo t...
- This Fine Ol' House
- Head Start Program Among Nation's Best
- Firm licenses UCD diagnostics for autism
- Crucial Report on Dixon Downs
- Sutter opens Vallejo primary care center
- Solano EDC Hosts Golf Tourney
- ▼ August (54)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)