Nut Tree Markets Park Memberships
By Amanda Janis/Business Editor
Family fun and collectible Nut Tree memorabilia are for sale today in the form of exclusive charter memberships for the Nut Tree Family Park.
The 3.7-acre amusement park will open in September, and feature family-oriented rides including "I-80 Traffic Jammers" bumper cars and the "Harvest Express" roller coaster, while incorporating Nut Tree icons like the original Engine No. 5 train, hobby horses and honey cookies.
Additionally, the Nut Tree founder's original 1907 home will sit at the park's center, functioning as a museum of Nut Tree and California history.
The Family Park's limited-edition memberships will be the only means of purchasing a season pass for the park's rides; after the initial sale, passes will only become available for purchase should a charter member opt not to renew membership the following year.
"We want it to be really exclusive," said Ilana Minkoff, the park's marketing director.
In addition to a season pass, charter members receive a commemorative tin with Nut Tree logo items unavailable for purchase elsewhere, including a pin, watch, and cookie cutter.
"The kit itself is a collector's item," Minkoff said. "It's a special way to be a part of the park."
Members will also enjoy free ice cream from the adjacent Fenton's Creamery once a month for a year, as well as invitations to members-only events, early park admission and discounts on birthday parties held at the park.
An individual membership costs $200, while a family membership with four season passes costs $300. For families larger than four, additional passes can be purchased for $50 each, Minkoff noted.
It's really a bargain, she said, when you calculate what a family would otherwise spend - prices have yet to be set but a day's-worth of unlimited rides will likely cost between $16.95 and $19.95.
Currently, memberships can be purchased by calling 1-888-448-6411. Starting next week, memberships will be available online at www.NutTreeUsa.com, and from Aug. 30 they will be available at all Nugget Market grocery stores.
Amanda Janis can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ► 2007 (799)
- Second C-17 Arrives at Travis
- Borders Group Inc. is opening a 20,000-square-foot...
- Revival at Nut Tree Driven Home
- Billboards Try to Snatch Business Off Freeway
- Magna Promises Money in Dixon Race Track Agreement...
- Genentech Cancer Drug May Help Fight MS
- Sunset on the Water
- Private Ceremony Set to Mark Railroad
- Family Farm Days Draws Bay Area Visitors
- Nut Tree Markets Park Memberships
- Innovation Key to Rekindling the Sciences
- Downtown's Looking Up
- Sport Chalet to Open at Nut Tree
- Open for Business
- Job Growth in Solano Beats Labor Pool Gain
- Nut Tree regains air ambulance
- "Vallejo Crossroads" project, a 25,000 square foot...
- Nutrition Center is Unveiled
- New Facilities for AmCan to be Discussed at Counci...
- UC Davis and some other California universities ha...
- Innovative Approach
- Nut Tree in Bloom
- Forum scheduled
- Vacaville-Dixon Greenbelt to Expand
- Developer's Plans Thrill Vallejo Mayor
- Dixon Smooths Outlook to Finish Repaving Work
- Group: Fairfield Home Among Top 10 Percent in USA
- Lowe's Might Open Vallejo Store
- Local Weather Stations Helping Farmers
- 'Bully' for Jelly Belly!
- New Projects Slated for City
- Touchdown at Travis
- C-17 Casts First Big Shadow at Travis
- Pylon Signs to Spotlight Nut Tree Site
- Red-Carpet Welcome
- County Cities Could Get Influx of Delta Water
- Solano benefits from economic ties with surroundin...
- Genentech Maps Massive Expansion
- Downtown Revitalized
- Vanden Construction Rolls Ahead
- New Medical Offices Open
- Healthy Candy? Sweet!
- Solano Sees No Need for Universal Care
- A Big Day for Travis, Solano
- Vacaville's Acorn Won't Fall Too Far From the Nut ...
- Pilot Buoyed by New Role
- A Special Debut
- Solano County - Once-quiet corridor from Vallejo t...
- This Fine Ol' House
- Head Start Program Among Nation's Best
- Firm licenses UCD diagnostics for autism
- Crucial Report on Dixon Downs
- Sutter opens Vallejo primary care center
- Solano EDC Hosts Golf Tourney
- ▼ August (54)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)