Benicia Refinery Honored for Philanthropy
By Nathan Halverson
FAIRFIELD - United Way of the Bay Area honored Valero Refining Company's Benicia refinery with three awards for its employees philanthropic work.
During the 2005 United Way campaign, 95 percent of the refinery's employees participated and raised more than $784,000.
The refinery received the Anchor Award, which recognizes exceptional employee participation, a Silver Award for being an innovative partner and a Gold Award for exceptional Bay Area community fund support.
"The spirit of community is at the core of Valero's culture and in the fabric of our Benicia employees," said Ray Quain, director of human relations at the Benicia refinery, in a news release.
Anne Wilson, chief executive officer of United Way of the Bay Area, said in a news release, "United Way is proud to have the Valero Benicia refinery support our efforts to create healthy and safe communities. The employees at Valero have a capacity for giving that is hard to match. Their campaign results are an outstanding example of how a company's senior leadership support for the community makes all the difference."
Friday, June 09, 2006
- ► 2007 (799)
- A Better Vision
- Fairfield Eyes New Medical Offices
- 'Net Pitch Out to Sell Nut Tree
- Pleasant Chore
- Perspectives on Solano Real Estate
- Double-digit Housing Growth Foreseen
- Revival on Track
- Starbucks Near to Opening
- Colon Cancer Drug Receives Approval
- SMUD Dedicates Nation's Largest Wind Turbines
- Benicia's Reserve Even Healthier
- Real Estate Round-Up Set for Thursday
- Update to Focus on Real Estate
- Hefty Budget to Enable Many County Project
- Light House to Light Up
- Benicia Bus Stop for Pleasant Hill BART, Vacaville...
- Celebrate Success of Measure G School Bond
- All Aboard!
- Air Force Base Clears Tarmac for Mighty Jets
- New County Budget Nears $866 Million
- Benicia Refinery Honored for Philanthropy
- Record Harvest in 2005 for Solano Farmers
- C-17 Aircraft Arrives at Travis
- Breakfast Planned
- Plan Nabs Award
- Travis CEO Wins Honor
- $1 Billion Investment
- ▼ June (27)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)