Benicia Bus Stop for Pleasant Hill BART, Vacaville, Fairfield is Coming
Times-Herald staff report
BENICIA - A new bus stop serving Benicia residents as a direct connection to Vacaville and Fairfield to the north and the Pleasant Hill BART station to the south could be completed by late summer.
Tuesday, the Benicia City Council is expected to approve a $141,000 contract with Bruce Carone Grading and Paving to build the Park Road and Industrial Way stop. The city approved the new bus stop in concept last year.
Work, including adding a sidewalk, a crosswalk, a bike rack and pavement restriping, could be completed in 60 days, said Benicia Transit Service Manager John Andoh.
Possible riders can pick from five morning and five afternoon trips from the new stop to Vacaville or Fairfield once completed. There also will be five morning and five afternoon trips to the Pleasant Hill BART station.
The city also is trying to get money to make the Park Road and Industrial Way location more of a transportation hub. The hub would have 40 spaces for vehicle parking and an intersection traffic signal, but plans detailing the possible services haven't been detailed.
Monday, June 19, 2006
- ► 2007 (799)
- A Better Vision
- Fairfield Eyes New Medical Offices
- 'Net Pitch Out to Sell Nut Tree
- Pleasant Chore
- Perspectives on Solano Real Estate
- Double-digit Housing Growth Foreseen
- Revival on Track
- Starbucks Near to Opening
- Colon Cancer Drug Receives Approval
- SMUD Dedicates Nation's Largest Wind Turbines
- Benicia's Reserve Even Healthier
- Real Estate Round-Up Set for Thursday
- Update to Focus on Real Estate
- Hefty Budget to Enable Many County Project
- Light House to Light Up
- Benicia Bus Stop for Pleasant Hill BART, Vacaville...
- Celebrate Success of Measure G School Bond
- All Aboard!
- Air Force Base Clears Tarmac for Mighty Jets
- New County Budget Nears $866 Million
- Benicia Refinery Honored for Philanthropy
- Record Harvest in 2005 for Solano Farmers
- C-17 Aircraft Arrives at Travis
- Breakfast Planned
- Plan Nabs Award
- Travis CEO Wins Honor
- $1 Billion Investment
- ▼ June (27)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)