Population Still Rising
Rio Vista Still Fastest Growing City in County
By Reporter Staff
Rio Vista was once again the fastest growing city in Solano County in 2005, according to data released Monday by the state Department of Finance.
New population estimates show Rio Vista grew by 8.3 percent from January 2005 to January 2006. The tiny town's population is now estimated at 7,376, up from 6,809 one year ago.
Dixon grew 2.7 percent, from and estimated 17,107 residents to 17,574, making it the second-fastest growing in Solano County.
Vacaville's population remained basically the same with the new estimate at 96,395, up only slightly from 96,371 a year ago.
Fairfield grew by .3 percent to an estimated 105,601 residents, from 105,247 a year ago.
Suisun City grew by .5 percent to an estimated 27,748 residents, from 27,601 a year ago.
Vallejo remains the largest city and grew by .3 percent to an estimated 121,099 residents, from 120,724 a year ago.
Benicia grew by .6 percent to an estimated 422,848 residents, from 420,307 a year ago.
California's population as a whole grew by 444,000 residents - a 1.21 percent growth rate - to total nearly 37.2 million people as of Jan. 1, 2006, the Department of Finance estimated.
The 2006 report list 478 cities, of which 357 gained population, eight experienced no change, and the rest lost population.
The city of Lincoln, in Placer County experienced the state's fastest growth rate at 22.6 percent.
- ► 2007 (799)
- Downtown Renewal Plan Receives Honor
- Time for Tax Measure H is Iportant to Solano's Ta...
- California's Legendary Road Stop Is Back!
- Fix the Problem - Vote Yes on H
- Vote Yes on Measure H
- Measure H Gives Us the Power to Take Charge of Our...
- Measure H Definitely Necessary
- Safeguards in Place for Spending Measure H Funds
- Unemployment Down Again in Region
- 'Yes' on H - It's About Responsibility
- Chamber Backs Measure H
- Economy and Safety are Part of Measure
- Yes on Measure H: Initiative Will Benefit Solano C...
- Marine World's Historical Impact Recognized at Lun...
- Vote Yes on Half-Cent Sales Tax
- UC Davis Rankings & Statistics
- UC Davis Gears up for Largest Freshman Class almos...
- Carousel Ride To The Past
- Nut Tree One Step Closer to Completion
- Yes on Measure H Responsible
- Where Does All The Gas Tax Money Go?
- Taxing Transportation
- UC Davis Plows Back $3 Billion
- Work Begins on Veterans Cemetery
- Measure H is a Winner All Around
- Dixon Transportation Center Unveiled
- Measure H Makes Good Cents, Good Sense
- 65,000-SQ, $22 M UC DAVIS MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES BU...
- Vacaville Shifts into Gear on Tax for Transportati...
- Measure H Advocates Make Their Case
- CAMPUS ECONOMIC IMPACT TOPS $3 BILLION ANNUALLY
- Population Still Rising
- Rio Vista Unveils Proposal
- Train Station First Stop in City's Plan for New No...
- Biz Buzz Goes Online
- Kaiser Buys Green Valley Land
- Suisun Hears Entertainment Boat Proposals
- Strong Job Growth Forecast for Solano County
- ▼ May (39)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)