Monday, May 08, 2006

Measure H Makes Good Cents, Good Sense

Measure H Makes Good Cents, Good Sense
Reporter Editor:

For the life of me I can't understand the few vocal naysayers when it comes to Measure H. As a former traffic reporter for Bay Area television and radio stations, I can tell you whenever there is an accident on state Highway 12 - either going towards Stockton or Napa - it often involves fatalities and ties up traffic in both directions for hours.

I have commuted on Highway 12 to Stockton to work and still take that dangerous stretch to see family. I also use Jameson Canyon many times of the day and night for crucial family medical procedures in Napa. Due to the uncertainty of traffic conditions, I try to pick "the right time to travel," but am still often greeted with delays. It is unnerving to fear missing those hard-to-get appointments.

Now, I am a local Realtor and find that many of my clients are more concerned about commute times than other important factors influencing their decision to buy. Home values reflect the total quality-of-life package and transportation is a big quality-of-life issue.

We need the matching federal funds now. Voters can help prevent future danger, delays and uncertainty by joining me in being a part of the solution. It makes good cents and good sense. I urge voters to vote yes for Measure H.

Sheilah Tucker, Fairfield

Solano's Got It!

Solano's Got It!
The Best That Northern California Has To Offer.

Blog Archive