Downtown Renewal Plan Receives Honor
Vallejo's downtown renewal plan has been named one of the best comprehensive plans by a regional planning group.
The American Planning Association's Northern Section California Chapter honored the city for its specific plan to revamp downtown Vallejo.
The document outlines the physical form and future uses of the area, including the design of streets and types of benches used on sidewalks.
"The scope and scale of this plan reflects a recognition of downtown Vallejo's historic past as well as its vibrant future," said Curt Johansen of Triad Communities. The development firm aims to transform the aging downtown into a regional attraction.
Vallejo won in the category of Comprehensive Planning, LargeJurisdiction. The award is for cities with a population of 100,000 or more.
Copies of the plan can be downloaded from www.ci.vallejo.ca.us/uploads/155/1575.pdf.
- ► 2007 (799)
- Downtown Renewal Plan Receives Honor
- Time for Tax Measure H is Iportant to Solano's Ta...
- California's Legendary Road Stop Is Back!
- Fix the Problem - Vote Yes on H
- Vote Yes on Measure H
- Measure H Gives Us the Power to Take Charge of Our...
- Measure H Definitely Necessary
- Safeguards in Place for Spending Measure H Funds
- Unemployment Down Again in Region
- 'Yes' on H - It's About Responsibility
- Chamber Backs Measure H
- Economy and Safety are Part of Measure
- Yes on Measure H: Initiative Will Benefit Solano C...
- Marine World's Historical Impact Recognized at Lun...
- Vote Yes on Half-Cent Sales Tax
- UC Davis Rankings & Statistics
- UC Davis Gears up for Largest Freshman Class almos...
- Carousel Ride To The Past
- Nut Tree One Step Closer to Completion
- Yes on Measure H Responsible
- Where Does All The Gas Tax Money Go?
- Taxing Transportation
- UC Davis Plows Back $3 Billion
- Work Begins on Veterans Cemetery
- Measure H is a Winner All Around
- Dixon Transportation Center Unveiled
- Measure H Makes Good Cents, Good Sense
- 65,000-SQ, $22 M UC DAVIS MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES BU...
- Vacaville Shifts into Gear on Tax for Transportati...
- Measure H Advocates Make Their Case
- CAMPUS ECONOMIC IMPACT TOPS $3 BILLION ANNUALLY
- Population Still Rising
- Rio Vista Unveils Proposal
- Train Station First Stop in City's Plan for New No...
- Biz Buzz Goes Online
- Kaiser Buys Green Valley Land
- Suisun Hears Entertainment Boat Proposals
- Strong Job Growth Forecast for Solano County
- ▼ May (39)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)