Transportation Plans, Programs and Studies
STA Director of Planning, Bob Macaulay
The STA‟s Comprehensive Transportation Plan – the CTP – takes all of our plans and brings them together into a single document, look-ing at the long-range direction of the county transportation system. The last CTP update was completed in 2005, and that does not seem so long ago. But circumstances and projects can change quickly. For example, the 2005 CTP did not anticipate the Prop 1B funding received for the State Route 12 Jameson Canyon project, and it still considered the possibility of a South By-pass for the I-80/I-680/SR-12 interchange.
In order to make sure the CTP is kept current, we‟ll be updating all three elements of the plan – Arterials, Highways and Freeways; Transit; and Alternative Modes. Once they are up to date, we‟ll look at future ideas to make sure that the entire web of transportation facilities can be built and maintained so that it best works for you.
The local CTP is used to help the Metropolitan Transportation Commission as it develops the Regional Transportation Plan (RTP). The RTP examines the transportation needs of the entire 9-county Bay Area over the next 25 years. The RTP is scheduled for adoption in early 2009. Projects that are contained in both the RTP and CTP can then receive regional and state funds to help in their construction.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
- SCC Satellite Now In Orbit At Dixon High
- Hospital's Expansion To Prevent Headaches
- CMA To Begin Construction On $15.1M Residence Hall...
- Council Unanimous In Approving Hotel Proposal
- Rockville Estates Put In Limbo
- 20 Years Of Caring
- UCD Researcher Gets Hefty Grant For Tobacco Study
- Benicia Bridge Makes Commuting A Breeze
- Welcome To Wonderland
- Barrier Installation Under Way On Highway 12
- Report Weighs Impact Of Wal-Mart Proposal
- Benica Council OKs First Street Development
- Shop 'Til You Drop
- Fisher To Take Helm At SCC
- Group Pushes Pedestrian Projects In Solano
- Wal-Mart Report Shows Environmental Impact
- Construction Takes Off In Suisun City
- UC Davis MBA program gets high marks from recruite...
- Interchange Project Rolls Ahead With Council OK
- Nut Tree, Travis Could Factor Into Regional Air Tr...
- Sculpture Sprouts Downtown
- Solano Economic Development Breakfast Meeting
- Calbee To Open Fairfield Plant Today
- SCC To Christen New Center In Vallejo
- Ride On! Commuter Update
- Transportation Funding Update
- Transportation Plans, Programs and Studies
- State Route 12: Staying Focused On Safety
- STA Executive Director's Message
- I-80 Pavement Rehabilitation Project
- SR 12 Widening: Jameson Canyon
- Officials Announce Plans To Widen Stretch At James...
- Moderate Forecast For Solano-Napa Job Growth
- Ideas Aplenty For The Edge Of Downtown
- Construction Continues
- GoingGreen 2007 UC Davis Graduate School of Manage...
- UC Davis nets $21M genetic research grant
- WWII Ship On Its Way To Vallejo
- Fairfield Earns Honor For Innovative Housing
- $1.83 million funding for the Interstate 80-Jepson...
- UCD Wins Grant For Neurological Research
- Pharmaceutical Company To Expand Vacaville Plant
- Mural Begins To Come To Life
- Rockville Estates Plan Stalls, For Now
- Right At Home
- Breakfast Event Set
- Will businesses in Solano County and throughout Am...
- Smiles greet Vaca schools' test scores
- ▼ September (48)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)