Calbee To Open Fairfield Plant Today
By Ines Bebea
Calbee America Inc. moved its facility to Fairfield from Sebastopol where it had been for eight years. (Photo by Brad Zweerink)
FAIRFIELD - Calbee America Inc., a manufacturer of healthy snack foods, will have a grand opening for its new 40,000-square-foot manufacturing plant in Fairfield today.
The Japan-based company moved it facility from Sebastopol where it had been for eight years.
Calbee America Inc. is a subsidiary of Calbee Foods. Co. Ltd. The Fairfield facility is four times larger than the Sebastopol plant. In the next few months, the company plans to move its headquarters from Torrance to Fairfield.
"The existing transportation system, freeway access and good water supply are what attracted us to Fairfield and Solano County," said Fumie Mihaly, a plant administrator supervisor for Calbee America. "We outgrew our Sebastopol location and we were interested in a facility that better suited our expansion needs."
Calbee America manufactures and distributes snacks such as Snapea Crisp, Shrimp Flavored Chips and other products in the United States and Canada. The company has 45 employees in Fairfield.
"We are pleased that Calbee America has moved to Fairfield," said Curt Johnston, Fairfield's assistant director for the economic development division. "It has joined a significant list of food manufacturers who recognize this city as a choice location because of its room for businesses to grow, superior water quality and supply, and its access to various transportation options."
Reach Ines Bebea at 427-6934 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2600 Maxwell Way
Friday, September 14, 2007
- SCC Satellite Now In Orbit At Dixon High
- Hospital's Expansion To Prevent Headaches
- CMA To Begin Construction On $15.1M Residence Hall...
- Council Unanimous In Approving Hotel Proposal
- Rockville Estates Put In Limbo
- 20 Years Of Caring
- UCD Researcher Gets Hefty Grant For Tobacco Study
- Benicia Bridge Makes Commuting A Breeze
- Welcome To Wonderland
- Barrier Installation Under Way On Highway 12
- Report Weighs Impact Of Wal-Mart Proposal
- Benica Council OKs First Street Development
- Shop 'Til You Drop
- Fisher To Take Helm At SCC
- Group Pushes Pedestrian Projects In Solano
- Wal-Mart Report Shows Environmental Impact
- Construction Takes Off In Suisun City
- UC Davis MBA program gets high marks from recruite...
- Interchange Project Rolls Ahead With Council OK
- Nut Tree, Travis Could Factor Into Regional Air Tr...
- Sculpture Sprouts Downtown
- Solano Economic Development Breakfast Meeting
- Calbee To Open Fairfield Plant Today
- SCC To Christen New Center In Vallejo
- Ride On! Commuter Update
- Transportation Funding Update
- Transportation Plans, Programs and Studies
- State Route 12: Staying Focused On Safety
- STA Executive Director's Message
- I-80 Pavement Rehabilitation Project
- SR 12 Widening: Jameson Canyon
- Officials Announce Plans To Widen Stretch At James...
- Moderate Forecast For Solano-Napa Job Growth
- Ideas Aplenty For The Edge Of Downtown
- Construction Continues
- GoingGreen 2007 UC Davis Graduate School of Manage...
- UC Davis nets $21M genetic research grant
- WWII Ship On Its Way To Vallejo
- Fairfield Earns Honor For Innovative Housing
- $1.83 million funding for the Interstate 80-Jepson...
- UCD Wins Grant For Neurological Research
- Pharmaceutical Company To Expand Vacaville Plant
- Mural Begins To Come To Life
- Rockville Estates Plan Stalls, For Now
- Right At Home
- Breakfast Event Set
- Will businesses in Solano County and throughout Am...
- Smiles greet Vaca schools' test scores
- ▼ September (48)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)