Transportation Funding Update
Proposition 1B, the $19.9 billion dollar statewide transportation bond that was passed by voters in November 2006, has brought severely needed financial resources to Solano County. The I-80/I-680/State Route 12 Interchange failed to land funding from the competitive portion of the bill, called the Corridor Mobility Improvement Account (CMIA). Local matching funds may be a factor. California Transportation Commission Chairman Jim Ghielmetti said, “You need to locally help yourself before the state will help you.” 86% of California residents pay a voter-approved county sales tax for transportation.
This tone was prevalent as the other 7 Bay Area Counties with a local transportation measure garnered most of the $1.3 billion that came to the Bay Area from this Proposition category. However, the I-80 High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes project landed $56 million, while Jameson Canyon Phase 1 landed $74 million in bond money. Both projects are now fully funded. STA‟s next focus is to obtain funds from the Trade Corridor element of the Proposition for the relocation of the I-80 eastbound Cordelia Truck Scales.
- SCC Satellite Now In Orbit At Dixon High
- Hospital's Expansion To Prevent Headaches
- CMA To Begin Construction On $15.1M Residence Hall...
- Council Unanimous In Approving Hotel Proposal
- Rockville Estates Put In Limbo
- 20 Years Of Caring
- UCD Researcher Gets Hefty Grant For Tobacco Study
- Benicia Bridge Makes Commuting A Breeze
- Welcome To Wonderland
- Barrier Installation Under Way On Highway 12
- Report Weighs Impact Of Wal-Mart Proposal
- Benica Council OKs First Street Development
- Shop 'Til You Drop
- Fisher To Take Helm At SCC
- Group Pushes Pedestrian Projects In Solano
- Wal-Mart Report Shows Environmental Impact
- Construction Takes Off In Suisun City
- UC Davis MBA program gets high marks from recruite...
- Interchange Project Rolls Ahead With Council OK
- Nut Tree, Travis Could Factor Into Regional Air Tr...
- Sculpture Sprouts Downtown
- Solano Economic Development Breakfast Meeting
- Calbee To Open Fairfield Plant Today
- SCC To Christen New Center In Vallejo
- Ride On! Commuter Update
- Transportation Funding Update
- Transportation Plans, Programs and Studies
- State Route 12: Staying Focused On Safety
- STA Executive Director's Message
- I-80 Pavement Rehabilitation Project
- SR 12 Widening: Jameson Canyon
- Officials Announce Plans To Widen Stretch At James...
- Moderate Forecast For Solano-Napa Job Growth
- Ideas Aplenty For The Edge Of Downtown
- Construction Continues
- GoingGreen 2007 UC Davis Graduate School of Manage...
- UC Davis nets $21M genetic research grant
- WWII Ship On Its Way To Vallejo
- Fairfield Earns Honor For Innovative Housing
- $1.83 million funding for the Interstate 80-Jepson...
- UCD Wins Grant For Neurological Research
- Pharmaceutical Company To Expand Vacaville Plant
- Mural Begins To Come To Life
- Rockville Estates Plan Stalls, For Now
- Right At Home
- Breakfast Event Set
- Will businesses in Solano County and throughout Am...
- Smiles greet Vaca schools' test scores
- ▼ September (48)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)