Fisher To Take Helm At SCC
Gerry Fisher, who has served as Solano Community College interim superintendent/president since December 2006, has been hired to that position by the SCC Governing Board.
As the new superintendent/president, Fisher will lead the college at least until June 2009.
"The Trustees have enjoyed working with Mr. Fisher over the last year and have noted his talents, leadership, and dedication during that time. Solano College is fortunate to be able to call upon someone with his character and commitment to step into the role of Superintendent/President," said Pam Keith, president of the Board of Trustees in a press release issued late Wednesday.
Fisher said, "I look forward to continuing to work with the Governing Board, staff, faculty and community as the college moves forward at this critical time of expansion.
'We have a number of projects which we are completing,' Fisher said, 'including the Student Services Building in Fairfield set for completion in December 2007 and opening the Vacaville Center which is scheduled for Summer 2009. We are also completing the conversion of our computer software system by March 2008."
"The Governing Board appreciates the hard work of the faculty, staff, community and administration in helping us in the search process for a new Superintendent/President," said Pam Keith, President, Board of Trustees. "Our vote tonight indicates that Superintendent/President Gerry Fisher is the right leader during this transitional period."
Fisher has served the community college district for 35 years. He began his career as a physical education instructor in 1972. During his tenure he has served as the vice president of student services, dean of admissions and records, director of student affairs and athletic director.
Fisher earned a bachelor of science degree in physical education from California State University, Hayward and master's degree in physical education from San Francisco State University.
He was a 2006 Solano Community College Athletic Hall of Fame inductee and the regional representative on the California Community Colleges Chief Student Services Administrators Association Executive Board. He is a past recipient of the Robert Brown Distinguished Service Award for contribution to the California Association of Community College Records and Admissions Officers (CACCRAO) and was President of CACCRAO in 1996.
Solano Community College has a current student population of 12,000 and serves the communities of Benicia, Dixon, Fairfield, Suisun, Travis, Vacaville, Vallejo, and Winters. Solano Community College has served the residents of Solano County for more than 62 years since its founding in 1945.
For additional information, visit the school's Web site www.solano.edu.
- SCC Satellite Now In Orbit At Dixon High
- Hospital's Expansion To Prevent Headaches
- CMA To Begin Construction On $15.1M Residence Hall...
- Council Unanimous In Approving Hotel Proposal
- Rockville Estates Put In Limbo
- 20 Years Of Caring
- UCD Researcher Gets Hefty Grant For Tobacco Study
- Benicia Bridge Makes Commuting A Breeze
- Welcome To Wonderland
- Barrier Installation Under Way On Highway 12
- Report Weighs Impact Of Wal-Mart Proposal
- Benica Council OKs First Street Development
- Shop 'Til You Drop
- Fisher To Take Helm At SCC
- Group Pushes Pedestrian Projects In Solano
- Wal-Mart Report Shows Environmental Impact
- Construction Takes Off In Suisun City
- UC Davis MBA program gets high marks from recruite...
- Interchange Project Rolls Ahead With Council OK
- Nut Tree, Travis Could Factor Into Regional Air Tr...
- Sculpture Sprouts Downtown
- Solano Economic Development Breakfast Meeting
- Calbee To Open Fairfield Plant Today
- SCC To Christen New Center In Vallejo
- Ride On! Commuter Update
- Transportation Funding Update
- Transportation Plans, Programs and Studies
- State Route 12: Staying Focused On Safety
- STA Executive Director's Message
- I-80 Pavement Rehabilitation Project
- SR 12 Widening: Jameson Canyon
- Officials Announce Plans To Widen Stretch At James...
- Moderate Forecast For Solano-Napa Job Growth
- Ideas Aplenty For The Edge Of Downtown
- Construction Continues
- GoingGreen 2007 UC Davis Graduate School of Manage...
- UC Davis nets $21M genetic research grant
- WWII Ship On Its Way To Vallejo
- Fairfield Earns Honor For Innovative Housing
- $1.83 million funding for the Interstate 80-Jepson...
- UCD Wins Grant For Neurological Research
- Pharmaceutical Company To Expand Vacaville Plant
- Mural Begins To Come To Life
- Rockville Estates Plan Stalls, For Now
- Right At Home
- Breakfast Event Set
- Will businesses in Solano County and throughout Am...
- Smiles greet Vaca schools' test scores
- ▼ September (48)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)