Violent crime drops in Solano County - Arson up, rape, robbery, assaults down
Violent crime dropped 28 percent in Solano County, leading an almost across-the-board drop in crimes from 2004 to 2005, according to preliminary state Department of Justice figures. Solano County far outpaced statewide crime statistics. Violent crime dropped 4 percent statewide from 2004 to 2005....
The biggest decrease in Solano County came in aggravated assaults, which dropped from 1,346 to 889, 34 percent. The only increase came in arsons, which jumped from 125 to 152, a 21.6 percent increase....
Property crimes also dropped in Solano County, decreasing from 6,830 in 2004 to 5,657 in 2005, a reduction of 17.2 percent. Burglary led the downward trend, dropping from 2,704 to 1,997, a 26.1 percent decrease. Car theft dropped 12.4 percent and theft over $400 went down 10.2 percent....
- ► 2007 (799)
- Golf Tourney Set
- Brewer Helps Local Teachers
- California Gets Cleaner Diesel Ahead of Schedule
- New Travis Commander Focuses on What's Important
- Expanded Port of Oakland draws major 10-year deal
- Genentech Invests in Inotek's Inhibitors
- New sewer plant will allow Rio Vista to expand
- Suisun City Council approves plan to build housing...
- New homes reflect area's history, style Fitting in...
- Home prices inch up; rents rise, sales ebb - Solan...
- Vallejo school district to call M.I. building home...
- Silicon Valley adds 4,000 new jobs in June
- East Bay unemployment up in June to 4.7 percent fr...
- Solar powering up
- SCC starts unique alifornia Insurance Careers Prog...
- Trilogy's impact on Rio Vist
- State's $3.4 billion solar power bill slated for A...
- Major profit for Dixon-based First Northern Commun...
- Open for Business
- Solano County Sees Boost in Construction Jobs in J...
- Solano County Gets Award of Excellence for Annual ...
- Together for tourism - Solano set to unveil '80 on...
- Home sales decline but prices don't
- East Bay continues to be a jobs powerhouse
- Dixon, Davis get big boost for greenbelt
- JENSEN PRECAST OPENS FIFTH CALIFORNIA FACILITY IN ...
- School Progress
- Tourism Campaign Announced
- Nut Tree Stores Set to Open
- The Fair is Coming to Town!
- Solano Gets New Tourism Direction
- Violent crime drops in Solano County
- STA OK's plan for transit expenditures
- Dixon gets OK to annex Milk Farm property
- Property values in Solano County grew at a record ...
- SCC works to keep Solano County students local
- Vacaville adopts budget, ups public safety funds
- UC Davis hires stem cell expert for new program
- First Nut Tree Store May Open Next Week
- Hurdle Scaled in Dixon
- DOWNTOWN TO STEP UP
- Solano's Grand Stands
- Boat Operators Eye Suisun City
- Tourism on Tap
- A Watering Hole for Businesses
- ▼ July (45)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)