Brewer Helps Local Teachers
The Anheuser-Busch Fairfield brewery recently donated $20,000 to the Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District, in order to assist more than 18 local teachers in obtaining National Board Certification. Research has shown students instructed by National Board Certified teachers make far more significant gains in academic achievement than their counterparts.
"Supporting the communities in which we serve has always been a part of the Anheuser-Busch tradition, and a local tradition at the Fairfield brewery for nearly thirty years," said Kevin Finger, plant manager of the Anheuser-Busch Fairfield brewery. "Many of us at the brewery either attended or have children who attend the Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District, so we're thrilled to support the district's goal of hiring, training and retaining the best teachers available."
- ► 2007 (799)
- Golf Tourney Set
- Brewer Helps Local Teachers
- California Gets Cleaner Diesel Ahead of Schedule
- New Travis Commander Focuses on What's Important
- Expanded Port of Oakland draws major 10-year deal
- Genentech Invests in Inotek's Inhibitors
- New sewer plant will allow Rio Vista to expand
- Suisun City Council approves plan to build housing...
- New homes reflect area's history, style Fitting in...
- Home prices inch up; rents rise, sales ebb - Solan...
- Vallejo school district to call M.I. building home...
- Silicon Valley adds 4,000 new jobs in June
- East Bay unemployment up in June to 4.7 percent fr...
- Solar powering up
- SCC starts unique alifornia Insurance Careers Prog...
- Trilogy's impact on Rio Vist
- State's $3.4 billion solar power bill slated for A...
- Major profit for Dixon-based First Northern Commun...
- Open for Business
- Solano County Sees Boost in Construction Jobs in J...
- Solano County Gets Award of Excellence for Annual ...
- Together for tourism - Solano set to unveil '80 on...
- Home sales decline but prices don't
- East Bay continues to be a jobs powerhouse
- Dixon, Davis get big boost for greenbelt
- JENSEN PRECAST OPENS FIFTH CALIFORNIA FACILITY IN ...
- School Progress
- Tourism Campaign Announced
- Nut Tree Stores Set to Open
- The Fair is Coming to Town!
- Solano Gets New Tourism Direction
- Violent crime drops in Solano County
- STA OK's plan for transit expenditures
- Dixon gets OK to annex Milk Farm property
- Property values in Solano County grew at a record ...
- SCC works to keep Solano County students local
- Vacaville adopts budget, ups public safety funds
- UC Davis hires stem cell expert for new program
- First Nut Tree Store May Open Next Week
- Hurdle Scaled in Dixon
- DOWNTOWN TO STEP UP
- Solano's Grand Stands
- Boat Operators Eye Suisun City
- Tourism on Tap
- A Watering Hole for Businesses
- ▼ July (45)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)