Olive Garden Returning To North Solano
By Ines Bebea | Daily Republic | November 07, 2007
VACAVILLE - Residents can officially start the countdown for the opening of Olive Garden. Company representatives confirmed Wednesday that the Tuscany, Italy-themed restaurant will open in early December.
The casual dining eatery will be located on the former site of the popular Coffee Tree restaurant at 100 Nut Tree Parkway. Olive Garden is owned by Darden Restaurants Inc., a Florida-based company. The Vacaville opening is part of the company's 2007 expansion, which will involve the opening of 30-35 new restaurants across the country.
'When we consider a location for a new restaurant, we look for a number of factors such as business growth and population size,' said Mara Frazier, a spokeswoman for Olive Garden. 'We also take into consideration the success of other businesses and how they are represented. The location was also a deciding factor in our decision.'
The company already has an Olive Garden restaurant in Vallejo, and the Vacaville expansion is the only one planned for Northern California. In addition to Olive Garden, Darden Restaurants Inc. is the parent company of the Red Lobster, LongHorn Steakhouse, The Capital Grille, Bahama Breeze and Season 52 restaurant brands.
It's freeway visibility and close proximity to the Nut Tree Family Park, as well as the plans for a new hotel in the vicinity, will be an added bonus for Vacaville, said Alex Hall, vice president of operations for the Vacaville Chamber of Commerce.
'One of our roles is to support new and old business in Vacaville, and we are looking forward to their opening,' Hall said. 'It is a brand that already has loyal customers and a following.'
Reach Ines Bebea at 427-6934 or email@example.com.
Olive Garden Italian Restaurant
100 Nut Tree Parkway, Vacaville
Opening: Dec. 3
Thursday, November 08, 2007
- Bay Area Regional Forecast Conferences held in Oak...
- Livermore lab and UC Davis get $8.5M grant for rap...
- Solano EDC Praises Conservation
- UC Davis' Burn Center Will Oversee National Resear...
- Touro Facility Will Employ Particle Beam
- Complying The 'Word' For Success
- Businesses Get Tips To Go Green Today
- Map Sheds Light On Vision For Rural Land
- Bay Area To Get $840M For Cargo Improvement
- Coast Is Clear For Wal-Mart In Fairfield
- A compromise can help fix the congestion in Northe...
- Jobless rate stable in East Bay
- Lagoon: Round 2
- UC Davis Energy center has big plans for the world...
- Touro Offers Housing Help
- Dozens Of Area Teachers Recipients Of Mini Grants
- Planners OK a new retail and restaurant center for...
- Funds hike could help relocate I-80/680 truck scal...
- Suisun City manager pursues passion for screenwrit...
- Breakfast Event Set
- More commuters taking Capitol Corridor trains
- Solano Farmers want more bang for buck & Diversity...
- Travis Air Force Base to privatize housing
- Touro sells online division for $190M funds will l...
- Vacaville's Nut Tree site's offerings continue to ...
- Fairfield's overall economic activity apears to be...
- Office building, tower likely at Alamo Plaza
- Vacaville Planning Commissioners endorsed a plan t...
- Waiting for a bus in downtown Vallejo could get sa...
- As businesses grow, so does revenue -- Vacaville r...
- Vallejo schools could end year with $7M extra - a ...
- Demand for larger apartments increase rent in Fair...
- Nut Tree developer, city of Vacaville retool agree...
- Planners OK Center For Dixon
- Funds Hike Could Help Truck Scales
- With Pest Gone, Grape Growers Rejoice
- Broadband To Bring More Jobs To Solano
- Fairfield balances on the edge as housing prices p...
- Benicians Meet To Find Slogan For City
- An Efficient Solano
- Iowa A Step Closer To Vallejo Berth
- City Staff Steers To County's Annual Transportatio...
- Farm Innovation: Walnut Waste Into Energy
- Travis AFB plans major housing redevelopment
- UC Berkeley, BP Finally Sign Contract For Research...
- Sutter Surgical Center Gets High Marks
- Free Meals For A Year Mark Opening Of Mexican Rest...
- Others Interested In Building Vacaville Hotel
- AMPORTS signs agreement with Toyota Logistics Serv...
- Mare Island Developer Marketing Town Center
- Sutter To Offer Advanced Cancer Treatment
- Brewery Honored
- As Businesses Grow, So Does Revenue
- Breakfast Scheduled
- Touro University California to build the nation's ...
- New Dealership Slated For Fairfield Auto Mall
- Sponsors Sought
- Trans Bay Steel Moving To Fairfield
- Solano Looks To Attract, Retain Firms
- Tasty Developments
- Olive Garden Returning To North Solano
- Mare Island developer marketing Town Center
- ▼ November (62)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)