More commuters taking the train
The Capitol Corridor trains keep rolling over previous ridership marks. More than 1.4 million passengers rode the train for the fiscal year ending Sept. 30, nearly a 15 percent increase from the previous year. That marked the ninth consecutive year that ridership has risen..
The Capitol Corridor system runs trains between Sacramento and San Jose. The lone Solano County stop is at the Suisun-Fairfield train station in Old Town, Suisun City. One reason for the ridership increase last fiscal year is an increase in service. The system in August 2006 grew from 24 trips daily to 32..
Ridership surveys show that escaping congestion and the associated stress is a major ! reason people use the trains. Whether the Capitol Corridor system can sustain its torrid growth rate is questionable. A limiting factor is space. Peak-hour trains are getting crowded.
The service plans to ultimately add more cars to its existing trains. Skoropowski expressed hope that new cars could be available in three to four years.. Farebox recovery rate for the Capitol Corridor last fiscal year hit 48 percent, the highest yet. That's just short of the 50 percent goal set by the state. But there is a cloud. About 75 percent of the trains arrived on time, better than the 73 percent the previous year, but far below the 90 percent goal..
Monday, November 26, 2007
- Bay Area Regional Forecast Conferences held in Oak...
- Livermore lab and UC Davis get $8.5M grant for rap...
- Solano EDC Praises Conservation
- UC Davis' Burn Center Will Oversee National Resear...
- Touro Facility Will Employ Particle Beam
- Complying The 'Word' For Success
- Businesses Get Tips To Go Green Today
- Map Sheds Light On Vision For Rural Land
- Bay Area To Get $840M For Cargo Improvement
- Coast Is Clear For Wal-Mart In Fairfield
- A compromise can help fix the congestion in Northe...
- Jobless rate stable in East Bay
- Lagoon: Round 2
- UC Davis Energy center has big plans for the world...
- Touro Offers Housing Help
- Dozens Of Area Teachers Recipients Of Mini Grants
- Planners OK a new retail and restaurant center for...
- Funds hike could help relocate I-80/680 truck scal...
- Suisun City manager pursues passion for screenwrit...
- Breakfast Event Set
- More commuters taking Capitol Corridor trains
- Solano Farmers want more bang for buck & Diversity...
- Travis Air Force Base to privatize housing
- Touro sells online division for $190M funds will l...
- Vacaville's Nut Tree site's offerings continue to ...
- Fairfield's overall economic activity apears to be...
- Office building, tower likely at Alamo Plaza
- Vacaville Planning Commissioners endorsed a plan t...
- Waiting for a bus in downtown Vallejo could get sa...
- As businesses grow, so does revenue -- Vacaville r...
- Vallejo schools could end year with $7M extra - a ...
- Demand for larger apartments increase rent in Fair...
- Nut Tree developer, city of Vacaville retool agree...
- Planners OK Center For Dixon
- Funds Hike Could Help Truck Scales
- With Pest Gone, Grape Growers Rejoice
- Broadband To Bring More Jobs To Solano
- Fairfield balances on the edge as housing prices p...
- Benicians Meet To Find Slogan For City
- An Efficient Solano
- Iowa A Step Closer To Vallejo Berth
- City Staff Steers To County's Annual Transportatio...
- Farm Innovation: Walnut Waste Into Energy
- Travis AFB plans major housing redevelopment
- UC Berkeley, BP Finally Sign Contract For Research...
- Sutter Surgical Center Gets High Marks
- Free Meals For A Year Mark Opening Of Mexican Rest...
- Others Interested In Building Vacaville Hotel
- AMPORTS signs agreement with Toyota Logistics Serv...
- Mare Island Developer Marketing Town Center
- Sutter To Offer Advanced Cancer Treatment
- Brewery Honored
- As Businesses Grow, So Does Revenue
- Breakfast Scheduled
- Touro University California to build the nation's ...
- New Dealership Slated For Fairfield Auto Mall
- Sponsors Sought
- Trans Bay Steel Moving To Fairfield
- Solano Looks To Attract, Retain Firms
- Tasty Developments
- Olive Garden Returning To North Solano
- Mare Island developer marketing Town Center
- ▼ November (62)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)