Free Meals For A Year Mark Opening Of Mexican Restaurant
By Ines Bebea | Daily Republic | November 14, 2007 15:29
VACAVILLE - Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill is opening at the Nut Tree Village on Friday with a splash. But for eager customers who are expected to camp outside the restaurant tonight, the grand opening can't happen soon enough.
For its opening in Vacaville, the Carlsbad-based company will give away free meals for a year to the first 100 guests who walk through the door. The guests will receive a gift card that entitles them to a free meal each week for a year. The total value of each card is $364, or $7 per meal for 52 weeks.
'Rubio's is world famous for their fish tacos, and we are counting on people to have a great time in a very festive atmosphere to prepare for the opening,' said Linda Duke, a spokeswoman for Rubio's. 'We expect to have at least 80 people by 7 a.m. even though the restaurant won't open for another three hours.
'This is going to be a great event for a community that is rapidly expanding their retail market and needs restaurants.'
The new 2,400-square-foot restaurant with seating for 70 will carry all the traditional recipes created by its founder, Ralph Rubio, almost 25 years ago. Since opening the first restaurant in San Diego's Mission Bay community, the restaurant chain has grown to 170 locations throughout California, Nevada, Utah and Colorado.
This will be the second restaurant in Solano County. The first opened in Vallejo almost five years ago.
'When Ralph Rubio opened his first restaurant in the Mission Bay, people traveled from miles away to savor one of our world famous fish tacos,' said Larry Rusinko, vice president of marketing for Rubio's, in a statement. 'Rubio's quickly became known for flavors and products that couldn't be found anywhere else. We are excited about our new Rubio's in Vacaville and bringing Rubio's unsurpassed quality and flavor to legions of new and existing fans.'
Reach Ines Bebea at 427-6934 or email@example.com.
Who: Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill
Where: Nut Tree Village, 1651 E. Monte Vista Avenue, Suite 101, Vacaville
What: Grand opening
When: 10:30 a.m. Friday
Thursday, November 15, 2007
- Bay Area Regional Forecast Conferences held in Oak...
- Livermore lab and UC Davis get $8.5M grant for rap...
- Solano EDC Praises Conservation
- UC Davis' Burn Center Will Oversee National Resear...
- Touro Facility Will Employ Particle Beam
- Complying The 'Word' For Success
- Businesses Get Tips To Go Green Today
- Map Sheds Light On Vision For Rural Land
- Bay Area To Get $840M For Cargo Improvement
- Coast Is Clear For Wal-Mart In Fairfield
- A compromise can help fix the congestion in Northe...
- Jobless rate stable in East Bay
- Lagoon: Round 2
- UC Davis Energy center has big plans for the world...
- Touro Offers Housing Help
- Dozens Of Area Teachers Recipients Of Mini Grants
- Planners OK a new retail and restaurant center for...
- Funds hike could help relocate I-80/680 truck scal...
- Suisun City manager pursues passion for screenwrit...
- Breakfast Event Set
- More commuters taking Capitol Corridor trains
- Solano Farmers want more bang for buck & Diversity...
- Travis Air Force Base to privatize housing
- Touro sells online division for $190M funds will l...
- Vacaville's Nut Tree site's offerings continue to ...
- Fairfield's overall economic activity apears to be...
- Office building, tower likely at Alamo Plaza
- Vacaville Planning Commissioners endorsed a plan t...
- Waiting for a bus in downtown Vallejo could get sa...
- As businesses grow, so does revenue -- Vacaville r...
- Vallejo schools could end year with $7M extra - a ...
- Demand for larger apartments increase rent in Fair...
- Nut Tree developer, city of Vacaville retool agree...
- Planners OK Center For Dixon
- Funds Hike Could Help Truck Scales
- With Pest Gone, Grape Growers Rejoice
- Broadband To Bring More Jobs To Solano
- Fairfield balances on the edge as housing prices p...
- Benicians Meet To Find Slogan For City
- An Efficient Solano
- Iowa A Step Closer To Vallejo Berth
- City Staff Steers To County's Annual Transportatio...
- Farm Innovation: Walnut Waste Into Energy
- Travis AFB plans major housing redevelopment
- UC Berkeley, BP Finally Sign Contract For Research...
- Sutter Surgical Center Gets High Marks
- Free Meals For A Year Mark Opening Of Mexican Rest...
- Others Interested In Building Vacaville Hotel
- AMPORTS signs agreement with Toyota Logistics Serv...
- Mare Island Developer Marketing Town Center
- Sutter To Offer Advanced Cancer Treatment
- Brewery Honored
- As Businesses Grow, So Does Revenue
- Breakfast Scheduled
- Touro University California to build the nation's ...
- New Dealership Slated For Fairfield Auto Mall
- Sponsors Sought
- Trans Bay Steel Moving To Fairfield
- Solano Looks To Attract, Retain Firms
- Tasty Developments
- Olive Garden Returning To North Solano
- Mare Island developer marketing Town Center
- ▼ November (62)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)