Old Sewer Plant Land To Become Home To 40 Houses
By Ian Thompson
SUISUN CITY - A proposal by Silverwing Development of Concord to build a 40-home subdivision and a small park on land that was once a sewer treatment facility was approved by the Suisun City Council Tuesday night.
The council agreed to sell a 3.9-acre parcel of waterfront land located at the south end of Civic Center Boulevard near Suisun City Hall for $400,000.
The city could receive more money if the houses are sold for more than $610,000 and if the cost of cleaning the soil is less than $2.4 million.
It is estimated that it will cost Silverwing about $2.4 million and take a year of work to clean the soil before houses can be built on the land.
Silverwing had been in exclusive negotiations with the Economic Development Department since December 2006. The land was once the location of a sewer treatment plant, which was closed and torn down in 1993.
Reach Ian Thompson at 427-6976 or email@example.com.
Thursday, October 04, 2007
- Meyer installs Solano County's largest solar syste...
- Vallejo Opens Hiking Haven
- UC Davis received $532,271,401 in research grants ...
- Vallejo pushes forward on development 7 million sq...
- State Business Issues Topic Of Breakfast Meeting
- Builder Chosen For Project
- Job Growth Improves Local Cities' Economic Ranking...
- Water System Improvements Prompt Benicia Celebrati...
- City Manager O'Rourke Honored Abundantly
- Visiting professor to spend week advising research...
- In This Issue Real Estate Roundup Genentech "Sne...
- Economic Development Pays
- Cities Generate Growth By Attracting Employers
- Bond Money Would Ease I-80 Trade Traffic
- Breakfast Event Set
- PG&E Continues Its Strong Support Of Economic Vita...
- Solano Group Earns Awards For Health Care
- UC Davis AGGIE STADIUM TO BE DEDICATED SATURDAY
- CA Tourism Video
- Bay Area Still Epicenter Of Groundbreaking Industr...
- Solano County - One of the 100 Best Communities fo...
- Fairfield Mural Depicts Solano's Flora & Fauna
- Campbell Soup Donates To UCD Ag Institute
- Space Available
- Tolenas Undergoes Extreme Makeover
- Solano County's State Fair Exhibit Will Be On Disp...
- Vacaville Company Thinks Pink In Support
- Old Sewer Plant Land To Become Home To 40 Houses
- Prop 1B To Give Fairfield $1.7 Million For Road Wo...
- $30-million expansion and renovation project of UC...
- Getting Into The Groove
- EDC Board Members Get “Sneak Preview” Of Genentech...
- Genentech Tour Even Better Than Willie Wonka's
- Hospital Celebrates 20 Years Of Service
- Officials Approve M.I. Map
- First SCC Class Starts Oct. 16 At Dixon Campus
- ▼ October (36)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)