Campbell Soup Donates To UCD Ag Institute
By Jim Downing - Bee Staff Writer
Campbell Soup Co. has donated $250,000 to the Agricultural Sustainability Institute at the University of California, Davis, according to a news release Monday.
The grant is the first to the institute since its founding last year with a $1.5 million gift from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. The institute was created to coordinate programs related to agricultural and food systems sustainability at the Davis campus and throughout the UC system.
Campbell has a long history in the Sacramento region. It runs a research facility in Davis that serves as the headquarters for the Campbell Seed Co., as well as a tomato processing plant in Dixon and a production facility in Sacramento that produces the company's soups, sauces, and beverages.
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
- Meyer installs Solano County's largest solar syste...
- Vallejo Opens Hiking Haven
- UC Davis received $532,271,401 in research grants ...
- Vallejo pushes forward on development 7 million sq...
- State Business Issues Topic Of Breakfast Meeting
- Builder Chosen For Project
- Job Growth Improves Local Cities' Economic Ranking...
- Water System Improvements Prompt Benicia Celebrati...
- City Manager O'Rourke Honored Abundantly
- Visiting professor to spend week advising research...
- In This Issue Real Estate Roundup Genentech "Sne...
- Economic Development Pays
- Cities Generate Growth By Attracting Employers
- Bond Money Would Ease I-80 Trade Traffic
- Breakfast Event Set
- PG&E Continues Its Strong Support Of Economic Vita...
- Solano Group Earns Awards For Health Care
- UC Davis AGGIE STADIUM TO BE DEDICATED SATURDAY
- CA Tourism Video
- Bay Area Still Epicenter Of Groundbreaking Industr...
- Solano County - One of the 100 Best Communities fo...
- Fairfield Mural Depicts Solano's Flora & Fauna
- Campbell Soup Donates To UCD Ag Institute
- Space Available
- Tolenas Undergoes Extreme Makeover
- Solano County's State Fair Exhibit Will Be On Disp...
- Vacaville Company Thinks Pink In Support
- Old Sewer Plant Land To Become Home To 40 Houses
- Prop 1B To Give Fairfield $1.7 Million For Road Wo...
- $30-million expansion and renovation project of UC...
- Getting Into The Groove
- EDC Board Members Get “Sneak Preview” Of Genentech...
- Genentech Tour Even Better Than Willie Wonka's
- Hospital Celebrates 20 Years Of Service
- Officials Approve M.I. Map
- First SCC Class Starts Oct. 16 At Dixon Campus
- ▼ October (36)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)