Latest C-17 Arrives At Travis
By Daily Republic staff
Travis troops welcome a C-17 delivered to the base on Tuesday. (Photo by Zachary Kaufman)
TRAVIS AIR FORCE BASE - Travis Air Force Base welcomed its 10th C-17 Globemaster III jet transport Tuesday morning, flown in by Brig. Gen. Scott Wuesthoff, Tanker Airlift Control vice commander for Scott Air Force Base in Illinois.
This C-17 lands three weeks after the ninth Globemaster arrived here. The base got its first C-17 in August 2006.
Travis is slated to receive 13 of the modern airlift aircraft by the end of 2007. The base is expected to have all its aircraft by the end of summer at the latest.
The base is the only Air Mobility Command base to have three major airlift and air refueling aircraft - the C-17, the C-5 Galaxy transport and the KC-10 Extender air tanker.
- Partnership HealthPlan Second Best in State
- HEARN CONSTRUCTION COMPLETES HOTEL CONVERSION IN F...
- Housing, Shopping Development to be Jail's Neighbo...
- French Cuisine Comes to Old Main 627
- Genentech gives Dixon a boost
- SCC program delivers grads into biotech, pharm fie...
- Mutant Logic completes UC Davis license
- UC Davis HELPING CAMPUS ENTREPRENEURS: MUTANT LOGI...
- EMPLOYMENT GROWTH IN THE SACRAMENTO REGION, THE BA...
- Retail Infusion Proposed for Decaying Solano 80
- Buckingham Scores at Top in Statewide Testing
- Transit Requests Received
- Congresswoman Tauscher to Speak in Vacaville
- Solano County One of Slowest Growers in State, Cen...
- County Leaders Push For Federal Dollars
- Latest C-17 Arrives At Travis
- Tending The City Like An Orchard
- Rising to the Occasion
- Luncheon Features Congresswoman
- County Grows by 4.4 Percent
- The Nut Tree Lives Again
- Vallejo wages on the rise Studies show 19 percent ...
- Rio Vista Endive farmer envisions agricultural com...
- NEVADA GOV. GIBBONS TO TALK TO 'GREEN' ENTREPRENEU...
- Sacramento jobless rate steady, area adds 14,900 s...
- Scaramento Region adds more than 25,000 people in ...
- Silicon Valley's job market heated up again in Feb...
- Dixon Downs Voting Nears; Pace Quickens
- Endive Farmer Envisions Agricultural Complex on I-...
- Green Beans Gets 'Today' Show Shot
- Suisun's Excursion Boat in Limbo After Lease Propo...
- Solar Savings
- Supes, Staff Envision The Best For Solano
- Travis Flies High
- Workshop Informs Businesses in How to Get Contract...
- Travis Commander Talks About Base Changes
- New Face of Vallejo
- Air Force Flag Flying Above Solano Sites
- Suisun City Approves Five-Year Boat Deal
- Vacaville now halfway to environmental goal
- Stem Cell Grants Grow
- Ex-Ford Site Joins Kamphausen Holdings
- SCC's Newest Campus to Open Sooner
- Delay Was Proper
- Before and After
- Vallejo's Touro University shows off research deve...
- Signing On
- Biotech Students to Get SCC Credit
- Fairfield Leaders Lobby for Transportation, Crime ...
- UC Davis INNOVATIONACCESS GIVES NEW FOCUS TO CAMPU...
- GIEDT HALL DEDICATED @ UC Davis
- NEW HIGHWAY RESEARCH HUB @ The University of Calif...
- New Cafe Touches Down in Fairfield
- Solano Community College Taking Shape
- SCC Chief Keen on Great Era
- Fairfield Politicians Head to Washington
- Suisun City Welcomes Plans for Hotel
- A Welcome Addition
- CA Stem Cells - Out of the courts, into the labs
- U.S. nurtures numerous biotechnology centers - Eas...
- Residential, retail development in the works for F...
- Amusement park adds extra dimension to Nut Tree Vi...
- '06 a good year for power grid - sacbee.com
- Bay Area grabs more highway bond money
- UC Davis BrainMaps.org features the highest resolu...
- 'GREEN' ENTREPRENEURS LEARN HOW TO GET RESEARCH TO...
- Employment surged in Santa Clara and surroundin su...
- City's Footing Solid as 2007 is Under Way
- Dixon Gets Good Financial News
- Six Flags Hopes Thomas Draws Young Families
- Suisun City Approves New Hotel
- County Supervisors Appoint 16 in New Citizen's Com...
- Racetrack Firm Aims to Sweeten Deal
- ▼ March (73)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)