Green Beans Gets 'Today' Show Shot
By Ben Antonius
FAIRFIELD - The publicity keeps rolling in for Green Beans Coffee.
After several newspaper features, the globetrotting coffee company was visited on March 15 by a film crew from NBC's "Today" morning program.
"They were interested in the Green Beans story," said Operations Manager JR Rodriguez, who was interviewed by the crews. A company spokesman said they have not gotten an air date for the segment from NBC.
The interest comes as Green Beans is launching its first permanent stores on U.S. soil. For years, the company consisted of a handful of mobile coffee shops following American military deployments around the world.
With its brand recognition strongest in the military, the company opened its first two stores in Fairfield and Vacaville, near the population stationed at Travis Air Force Base.
Rodriguez said the television interview focused on how Green Beans will make the transition from overseas bases, where it was often the only premium coffee available, to the competitive domestic market.
"Mainly, how we expect to compete in this type of business with Starbucks and the like," he said. "I gave them the answer I give everyone: We are not here to compete with Starbucks . . . We are bringing something to the market no other coffee company can say they can do."
That something would be Green Beans history with the military and its continued involvement with military-affiliated charities, he said. The company offers a 10 percent discount to members of the military and donates a portion of its gross sales to the Pat Tillman Foundation, Soldiers' Angels and the Children of Fallen Soldiers Relief Fund.
Reach Ben Antonius at firstname.lastname@example.org or 427-6977.
- Partnership HealthPlan Second Best in State
- HEARN CONSTRUCTION COMPLETES HOTEL CONVERSION IN F...
- Housing, Shopping Development to be Jail's Neighbo...
- French Cuisine Comes to Old Main 627
- Genentech gives Dixon a boost
- SCC program delivers grads into biotech, pharm fie...
- Mutant Logic completes UC Davis license
- UC Davis HELPING CAMPUS ENTREPRENEURS: MUTANT LOGI...
- EMPLOYMENT GROWTH IN THE SACRAMENTO REGION, THE BA...
- Retail Infusion Proposed for Decaying Solano 80
- Buckingham Scores at Top in Statewide Testing
- Transit Requests Received
- Congresswoman Tauscher to Speak in Vacaville
- Solano County One of Slowest Growers in State, Cen...
- County Leaders Push For Federal Dollars
- Latest C-17 Arrives At Travis
- Tending The City Like An Orchard
- Rising to the Occasion
- Luncheon Features Congresswoman
- County Grows by 4.4 Percent
- The Nut Tree Lives Again
- Vallejo wages on the rise Studies show 19 percent ...
- Rio Vista Endive farmer envisions agricultural com...
- NEVADA GOV. GIBBONS TO TALK TO 'GREEN' ENTREPRENEU...
- Sacramento jobless rate steady, area adds 14,900 s...
- Scaramento Region adds more than 25,000 people in ...
- Silicon Valley's job market heated up again in Feb...
- Dixon Downs Voting Nears; Pace Quickens
- Endive Farmer Envisions Agricultural Complex on I-...
- Green Beans Gets 'Today' Show Shot
- Suisun's Excursion Boat in Limbo After Lease Propo...
- Solar Savings
- Supes, Staff Envision The Best For Solano
- Travis Flies High
- Workshop Informs Businesses in How to Get Contract...
- Travis Commander Talks About Base Changes
- New Face of Vallejo
- Air Force Flag Flying Above Solano Sites
- Suisun City Approves Five-Year Boat Deal
- Vacaville now halfway to environmental goal
- Stem Cell Grants Grow
- Ex-Ford Site Joins Kamphausen Holdings
- SCC's Newest Campus to Open Sooner
- Delay Was Proper
- Before and After
- Vallejo's Touro University shows off research deve...
- Signing On
- Biotech Students to Get SCC Credit
- Fairfield Leaders Lobby for Transportation, Crime ...
- UC Davis INNOVATIONACCESS GIVES NEW FOCUS TO CAMPU...
- GIEDT HALL DEDICATED @ UC Davis
- NEW HIGHWAY RESEARCH HUB @ The University of Calif...
- New Cafe Touches Down in Fairfield
- Solano Community College Taking Shape
- SCC Chief Keen on Great Era
- Fairfield Politicians Head to Washington
- Suisun City Welcomes Plans for Hotel
- A Welcome Addition
- CA Stem Cells - Out of the courts, into the labs
- U.S. nurtures numerous biotechnology centers - Eas...
- Residential, retail development in the works for F...
- Amusement park adds extra dimension to Nut Tree Vi...
- '06 a good year for power grid - sacbee.com
- Bay Area grabs more highway bond money
- UC Davis BrainMaps.org features the highest resolu...
- 'GREEN' ENTREPRENEURS LEARN HOW TO GET RESEARCH TO...
- Employment surged in Santa Clara and surroundin su...
- City's Footing Solid as 2007 is Under Way
- Dixon Gets Good Financial News
- Six Flags Hopes Thomas Draws Young Families
- Suisun City Approves New Hotel
- County Supervisors Appoint 16 in New Citizen's Com...
- Racetrack Firm Aims to Sweeten Deal
- ▼ March (73)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)