Wine-tasting room could come to Suisun Valley
By Barry Eberling
FAIRFIELD - Efforts are under way to establish a wine tasting room in Suisun Valley that could help attract tourists to the farming area and give valley wines a higher profile.
The Suisun Valley Fund Advisory Committee on Wednesday approved seeking proposals from parties who would want to establish a tasting room. The committee would offer assistance. Two candidate sites are Rockville Corner and Mankas Corner, both small commercial pockets in the valley.
"There is a general consensus that if Suisun Valley is to remain agricultural, an expansion of grape growing, wines production and the development of additional wineries offer the single best chance for success," says the paper seeking proposals.
A wine tasting room would be the first step in establishing wine support services in the valley, with development of a full-scale wine processing facility another goal. The goal is to get Suisun Valley wines and grapes recognized as a premium product, the paper said.
Thursday, March 23, 2006
- ► 2007 (799)
- City of Fairfield Development Update
- Sacramento Business Journal: UC Davis grad school ...
- Hearn to Build Hotels in Fairfield
- Genentech May Widen Drug's Use
- Nut Tree Growing Tenants
- Building Homes On Old Bases - Lennar's Success on ...
- Onward and Upward
- Developers Get Green Light for Subdivisions
- Benicia on Web Site's List of Top Cities to Live
- County Government Center Wins National Recognition...
- State to Honor VPEF's Efforts
- City Reaches Out to Businesses
- Bay Area economy thriving
- A Bright Welcome
- Fairfield Leads State in Drop in Violent Crime
- SOLANO COUNTY TOURISM SUMMIT FIRST STEP IN COLLABO...
- Wine-tasting Room Could Come to Suisun Valley
- Suisun City Releases Proposal for Old Town Develop...
- Tourist Study Seeks Brand for Vacaville
- Suisun Valley Hosts Grape Growers Association
- Suisun City's 'Icon' Arrives
- Globemaster for Travis
- Genentech Raises its Goals for Progress
- Home Sales, Prices Drop in Solano
- Paving the Way
- VCUSD Officials Unveil Bids for District's Parcels...
- Nugget Officially Coming to Northgate
- Gateway Holds Sway
- Dixon Chamber Lease Approved
- City OKs Extra $2.9M to Widen Wilson Avenue
- Sutter Medical Center Makes New Strategic Plan
- City Eyes Plan to Revitalize Texas Street Corridor...
- Construction Beam Put in Place, Marking Kaiser Mil...
- Survey: This is the Place to Find a Job
- Time's right for apartment owners to consider cond...
- Doctor is 'in' for Rio Vista residents
- More C-17s are Possible, Could Help Preserve Travi...
- A Tank for the Times
- Redevlopment Cooking
- Training New Leaders
- East Bay tops area job growth
- Westfield Solano mall officially announces renovat...
- Sandy Person appointed as representive for Solano ...
- Suisun City May Get Sister City in the Philippines...
- Vallejo Approves Downtown Financing
- Texas Street Downtown Attracts Professionals
- Sewage District OKs Study for Pxpansion
- Suisun City Anticipates Budget Surplus
- Caltrans to Fund Only Part of I-80 Repairs for Now...
- Local Project is Looking at Mixed Use
- Sewer Board To Discuss Plant Expansion Plans
- City to Study What Businesses to Bring to Suisun
- A Lot of Good News Lately in Dixon
- Marine World Kicks Off 45th Anniversary
- Sacramento Region adds most jobs since 2001
- New Cordelia library gets $250,000 windfall
- Mike Browne Named New Vallejo Convention Director
- March 3, 2006 Business experiences expansion gain...
- Supervisors Place Transit Tax on June Ballot
- ▼ March (59)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)