Fairfield is humming with new business and development activity.
Calbee America is moving its manufacturing operations from Sebastopol to a 40,000-square foot manufacturing facility in Solano Business Park. Calbee expects construction of this new facility to be completed in October 2006. Plans are also underway for the company to move its headquarters from Torrance.
Part of Fairfield’s appeal is its plentiful, high quality water. The city’s water quality and supply to support its build-out has drawn other companies like NRE World Bento and Columbus Salame to Fairfield.
Also, West-Com Nurse Call Systems, a healthcare company, moved to Fairfield from Danville into a 13,594 square feet building in Solano Commerce Center. “Fairfield, with its diverse and qualified workforce, has the right set of demographics for us to grow together,” said C. Larry Peters, West-Com’s CEO. He added, “We looked at sites throughout the East Bay and decided Fairfield is the place to be for what we need to accomplish, and provides easy access for moving our service trucks around the Bay Area,” he said. “City staff have been extremely responsive to our needs, and we look forward to growing our business here.”
Other Fairfield Development Activity: Solano Commerce Center, by Panattoni Development Company, includes 10 new light industrial, R&D and distribution buildings totaling 365,000 square feet; Hillside Terrace Shopping Center includes Long’s Drugs and El Pollo Loco; Green Valley Executive Center is a 46,000 square foot Class A Office building next to the site of the new Fairfield Cordelia Library; Saint Gobain is currently constructing a 1,020,000-square foot wine bottle storage and distribution facility; Lincoln Fairfield Center is a 191,430-square foot Spec Industrial building; Fairfield Ford is building a new auto dealership; Venture Corp is constructing a 66,568-square foot industrial and office condo project; and Comfort Suites hotel is currently under construction.
- ► 2007 (799)
- City of Fairfield Development Update
- Sacramento Business Journal: UC Davis grad school ...
- Hearn to Build Hotels in Fairfield
- Genentech May Widen Drug's Use
- Nut Tree Growing Tenants
- Building Homes On Old Bases - Lennar's Success on ...
- Onward and Upward
- Developers Get Green Light for Subdivisions
- Benicia on Web Site's List of Top Cities to Live
- County Government Center Wins National Recognition...
- State to Honor VPEF's Efforts
- City Reaches Out to Businesses
- Bay Area economy thriving
- A Bright Welcome
- Fairfield Leads State in Drop in Violent Crime
- SOLANO COUNTY TOURISM SUMMIT FIRST STEP IN COLLABO...
- Wine-tasting Room Could Come to Suisun Valley
- Suisun City Releases Proposal for Old Town Develop...
- Tourist Study Seeks Brand for Vacaville
- Suisun Valley Hosts Grape Growers Association
- Suisun City's 'Icon' Arrives
- Globemaster for Travis
- Genentech Raises its Goals for Progress
- Home Sales, Prices Drop in Solano
- Paving the Way
- VCUSD Officials Unveil Bids for District's Parcels...
- Nugget Officially Coming to Northgate
- Gateway Holds Sway
- Dixon Chamber Lease Approved
- City OKs Extra $2.9M to Widen Wilson Avenue
- Sutter Medical Center Makes New Strategic Plan
- City Eyes Plan to Revitalize Texas Street Corridor...
- Construction Beam Put in Place, Marking Kaiser Mil...
- Survey: This is the Place to Find a Job
- Time's right for apartment owners to consider cond...
- Doctor is 'in' for Rio Vista residents
- More C-17s are Possible, Could Help Preserve Travi...
- A Tank for the Times
- Redevlopment Cooking
- Training New Leaders
- East Bay tops area job growth
- Westfield Solano mall officially announces renovat...
- Sandy Person appointed as representive for Solano ...
- Suisun City May Get Sister City in the Philippines...
- Vallejo Approves Downtown Financing
- Texas Street Downtown Attracts Professionals
- Sewage District OKs Study for Pxpansion
- Suisun City Anticipates Budget Surplus
- Caltrans to Fund Only Part of I-80 Repairs for Now...
- Local Project is Looking at Mixed Use
- Sewer Board To Discuss Plant Expansion Plans
- City to Study What Businesses to Bring to Suisun
- A Lot of Good News Lately in Dixon
- Marine World Kicks Off 45th Anniversary
- Sacramento Region adds most jobs since 2001
- New Cordelia library gets $250,000 windfall
- Mike Browne Named New Vallejo Convention Director
- March 3, 2006 Business experiences expansion gain...
- Supervisors Place Transit Tax on June Ballot
- ▼ March (59)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)