Sutter Medical Center Makes New Strategic Plan
By Sarah Arnquist
VALLEJO - Sutter Solano Medical Center recently updated its master plan and decided to seismically retrofit and modernize its existing campus at 300 Hospital Drive, hospital officials announced Tuesday.
That decision is part of the Sacramento-based Sutter Health network's announcement to invest $6.6 billion in the next 10 years in Northern California health services.
The nonprofit health care system will invest $1.7 billion more than it projected in 2002.
"We have a new strategic plan that envisions a health care landscape that looks much different than what we're used to," Sutter Health President and CEO Pat Fry said, in a press release.
The new plan devotes an additional $700 million to outpatient facilities like the medical offices on the second floor of Sutter's new cancer center in Vallejo.
Sutter Solano's updated master plan calls for close cooperation with the Sutter Regional Medical Foundation, said spokeswoman Rachael Albertson. The foundation operates medical offices in Vacaville, Fairfield, Rio Vista and Vallejo.
Sutter regional medical foundation physicians now also will occupy the second floor of the cancer building.
"That's one example of how we'll work more collaboratively," Albertson said.
Since 2002, Sutter has spent about $1 billion on new capital projects in Northern California, including a new cancer center in Vallejo and a comprehensive outpatient medical campus in Fairfield.
Reach Sarah Arnquist at 427-6953 or email@example.com.
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
- ► 2007 (799)
- City of Fairfield Development Update
- Sacramento Business Journal: UC Davis grad school ...
- Hearn to Build Hotels in Fairfield
- Genentech May Widen Drug's Use
- Nut Tree Growing Tenants
- Building Homes On Old Bases - Lennar's Success on ...
- Onward and Upward
- Developers Get Green Light for Subdivisions
- Benicia on Web Site's List of Top Cities to Live
- County Government Center Wins National Recognition...
- State to Honor VPEF's Efforts
- City Reaches Out to Businesses
- Bay Area economy thriving
- A Bright Welcome
- Fairfield Leads State in Drop in Violent Crime
- SOLANO COUNTY TOURISM SUMMIT FIRST STEP IN COLLABO...
- Wine-tasting Room Could Come to Suisun Valley
- Suisun City Releases Proposal for Old Town Develop...
- Tourist Study Seeks Brand for Vacaville
- Suisun Valley Hosts Grape Growers Association
- Suisun City's 'Icon' Arrives
- Globemaster for Travis
- Genentech Raises its Goals for Progress
- Home Sales, Prices Drop in Solano
- Paving the Way
- VCUSD Officials Unveil Bids for District's Parcels...
- Nugget Officially Coming to Northgate
- Gateway Holds Sway
- Dixon Chamber Lease Approved
- City OKs Extra $2.9M to Widen Wilson Avenue
- Sutter Medical Center Makes New Strategic Plan
- City Eyes Plan to Revitalize Texas Street Corridor...
- Construction Beam Put in Place, Marking Kaiser Mil...
- Survey: This is the Place to Find a Job
- Time's right for apartment owners to consider cond...
- Doctor is 'in' for Rio Vista residents
- More C-17s are Possible, Could Help Preserve Travi...
- A Tank for the Times
- Redevlopment Cooking
- Training New Leaders
- East Bay tops area job growth
- Westfield Solano mall officially announces renovat...
- Sandy Person appointed as representive for Solano ...
- Suisun City May Get Sister City in the Philippines...
- Vallejo Approves Downtown Financing
- Texas Street Downtown Attracts Professionals
- Sewage District OKs Study for Pxpansion
- Suisun City Anticipates Budget Surplus
- Caltrans to Fund Only Part of I-80 Repairs for Now...
- Local Project is Looking at Mixed Use
- Sewer Board To Discuss Plant Expansion Plans
- City to Study What Businesses to Bring to Suisun
- A Lot of Good News Lately in Dixon
- Marine World Kicks Off 45th Anniversary
- Sacramento Region adds most jobs since 2001
- New Cordelia library gets $250,000 windfall
- Mike Browne Named New Vallejo Convention Director
- March 3, 2006 Business experiences expansion gain...
- Supervisors Place Transit Tax on June Ballot
- ▼ March (59)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)