Solano County Unemployment Drops
By Nathan Halverson
FAIRFIELD - The unemployment rate dropped slightly in November for Solano County, according to preliminary results from the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics.
The county's unemployment rate fell to 5.1 percent compared to 5.2 percent in October. In November 2004 the unemployment rate was 5.5 percent.
The state's unemployment rate actually rose a tenth of a percent from October to
5.1 percent in November.
The national unemployment rate fell to 4.8 percent, down from 5.2 percent a year earlier.
Of the eighteen metropolitan areas with jobless rates below 3 percent, 13 were in the South.
The lowest unemployment rate in the nation belongs to Fargo, N.D., with an unemployment rate of 2.3 percent. Notably the high temperature in Fargo Dec. 18 was minus two degrees.
The San Francisco Bay Area, not including San Jose, had an unemployment rate of 4.6 percent. San Jose's was 5.3 percent.
The worst rate in the state belonged to El Centro along the Mexican border, with a dismal 16.3 percent unemployment rate.
Reach Nathan Halverson at 425-4646 ext. 267 or email@example.com.
-United States: 4.8 percent
-California: 5.1 percent
-Solano: 5.1 percent
-San Francisco: 4.6 percent
-San Jose: 5.3 percent
-El Centro, Calif: 16.3 percent
-Fargo, N.D.: 2.3 percent
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics
- ► 2007 (799)
- ► 2006 (662)
- Report: Sacramento workers earn more than national...
- Full Accreditation Awarded
- Phase 1 of Vallejo Project is Residential
- Solano County Unemployment Drops
- Genentech on Forbes' Platinum List
- Roadways in the Area 'Very Good'
- Downtown Renaissance Continues
- Solano EDC Meeting Set
- Rio Vista Transit System Offers New Fares, Routes
- Builder Announced in Vallejo Project
- County's Jobless Rate Shows Strength
- Sister cities
- Coffee Tree Sips Long Gone, Nut Tree Sibling Falls...
- Westfield Solano Mall Considers Expansion
- Oakland Port OKs W. Sac Deal
- Study: Jobs in Greater Sacramento up at least 2 pe...
- Brooks Pedder Becomes Chairman of Solano EDC
- Commissioners to consider Dixon development projec...
- Saca unveils plan for third high rise condo tower
- Top Sacramento brokerage sees sturdy '06
- Solano County Unemployment Falls in November
- A Triumph at the Sutter Solano Center
- Poll Encouraging for Tax Advocates
- More Solano County residents own their own home th...
- Solano Job Numbers Keep Growing
- Flashy Annual Report Trumpets County's Successes
- Seeking to Mix it Up
- Fairfield's On Its Way To "Great Things"
- Officials Talk Trains with Solano Residents
- Suisun City Courts Developers
- Capitols on Roll With Record Rider Ship
- Spirit of Community Involvement Honored at Awards
- 2006 Could be Big for Rio Vista
- Nut Tree's New Era Begins
- Travis to Reopen Main Gate
- Suisun Lighthouse Should be Finished by July
- County could move ahead with post office purchase
- Outlook good for Bay Area economy
- Dump Expansion Plans on Hold
- Mission Solano Breaks Ground for New Shelter
- Suisun City's Growing Business
- New Center Aids Area's Cancer Care
- Fairfield Set for Shelter's Construction
- ▼ December (43)
- ► 2004 (125)