FAIRFIELD -- Inc. Magazine has named MV Transportation of Fairfield as one of America's fastest-growing private companies.
MV Transportation, which specializes in passenger transportation contracting and operates buses in 98 locations in 22 states, was ranked No. 393 in the magazine's 24th annual 500 ranking.
"We are absolutely thrilled to be recognized for our tremendous growth and to be in the company of such successful businesses from across the country," said Jon Monson, CEO of MV Transportation, in a press release. He added that MV thrives in part because most of its competitors are foreign companies.
The Inc. 500 ranks privately held companies according to averaged year-over-year sales growth during the past four years. MV Transportation had four-year sales growth of 375 percent. It was also among the top 10 largest companies on the list.
Inc. Magazine's issue featuring MV Transportation will hit newsstands on Tuesday.
- ► 2007 (799)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- A city on the grow
- Groundbreaking ceremony for new SCC campus
- Chamber survey finds Vallejo business outlook impr...
- MV Transportation on the fast track
- Gateway to open new office
- Efficiency boosts Copart earnings
- New staff help with Fairfield's growth
- Dixon boom puts city on the map, forum told
- City center look' for fairgrounds?
- School district OKs land swap
- Kohl's to make Vallejo debut
- Solano Kohl's open Thursday
- Genentech profits soar
- ▼ October (13)