Solano EDC Event To Feature Talk By Business Reporter
Article Launched: 01/21/2008
Sam Zuckerman, senior correspondent for the San Francisco Chronicle business section, will deliver the keynote address Thursday at the Solano Economic Development Corporation's 25th annual meeting in Fairfield.
Zuckerman, one of the nation's elite business journalists, has been with the Chronicle since 1998, and currently focuses on regional economic and financial issues.
Registration will begin at 11 a.m. at the Fairfield Hilton Garden Inn.
Michael Ammann, president of Solano EDC, said the meeting will provide attendees the opportunity to hear a review of 2007 and gather important insight into what 2008 will bring to Solano County and its cities.
Zuckerman previously was assistant business editor at the Chronicle, overseeing coverage of health care, energy, the economy, markets and biotechnology.
In 1999 his coverage of the takeover of the Bank of America garnered him a nomination as a finalist for the Loeb Award, the most prestigious honor in business journalism.
Cost is $45 per person and a table of eight for $350. For reservations, call 864-1855.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
- PG&E Adds 85 Megawatts of Renewable Wind Energy to...
- British Grocery Chain Plans 18 Bay Area Stores
- Council Delays Vote On Downtown Recovery Plan
- Wal-Mart Edges Closer To Reality
- UC DAVIS LEADS UC GAINS IN FRESHMAN APPLICATIONS -...
- Touro Focuses On Cancer Center
- History Of North Connector Proposal Repeats Itself...
- Congresswoman To Hold Small Business Seminar In Fa...
- City spotlight: Vacaville - by East Bay Business T...
- Sue Vaccaro appointed to Dixon May Fair Board
- VC investment in East Bay up in 2007
- Solano EDC January 2008 News
- Recession Likely To Hit County Hard, Expert Says
- Solano: A Great Place To Grow Up
- Dura-Vent's Move A Boost For Vacaville
- County Gets National Kudos
- Solano EDC: Light Pierces Economic Cloud
- New Funds Aid CHP On Highway 12
- Solano County's Economic Picture Is Blurry
- County Ranks Among Nation's Best For Young People
- Travis Officials Say Aircraft Traffic, Jet Fuel Pi...
- Grant To Strengthen Highway 12 Safety
- Council Unanimous In Approving Hotel Proposal
- Report: California Biotech Industry Grows, But Unc...
- Copart Gets Patent For Innovative Online Auction S...
- UC Davis climbs in Peace Corps top 25 volunteer ra...
- World's Largest Corn Maze in 2007 - Dixon made the...
- Benicia E Street Lot Request for Qualifications (R...
- Rio Vista Museum Traces Family's Dredging History
- UC Davis researchers find fungus that protects tom...
- Wal-Mart Still Plans To Build Vallejo Store
- Dixon City Council OKs Shopping Center Plan
- BayBio Launches IMPACT 2008 in San Francisco, Sacr...
- BayBio Secures Important Win on key Fire Codes Iss...
- Offices Plan Gets A Boost
- BP Solar has moved their offices to their One Harb...
- Benicia's Future Closely Linked To Capitol's Past
- Solano EDC Event To Feature Talk By Business Repor...
- Design-Build Concept Receives Boost
- Ten Years On Texas
- Gathering Planned
- Solano EDC Luncheon Set
- Family Brings County Square To Vacaville
- For The Love Of Dogs
- Theme Park Revamp Brings More People To Six Flags
- Traffic, Pollution And Wildlife Habitats Among Con...
- Work On Old Benicia Bridge To Add Bike/Walking Pat...
- Fairfield Names New Community Development Director...
- Copart Enters Partnership With Harley Davidson
- November New-Home Sales Jump in Solano, Down in Al...
- November new-home sales jump in Solano
- Agricultural Plan Poses Challenge
- UC Davis SOLAR ENERGY TECHNOLOGY LICENSED to Q1 Na...
- Economic Roller Coaster
- Genentech Sees Profits Rise 6 Percent
- Suisun Continues Plan For Wal-Mart Supercenter
- Old Base May Serve New Purpose
- UC DAVIS LAUNCHES NEW OLIVE OIL CENTER
- A Change Of Guard
- Agricultural Areas Exemplify Solano County's Diver...
- Woodland firm combines etching and granite for uni...
- Publisher of The Reporter joins NorthBay Healthcar...
- Panama Red boasts new quarters in BayLink ferry te...
- Value Of Bay Area Exports On The Rise
- New Commander Heads To Travis
- SCC Opens New Student Center
- County Building Plan To Get Tobacco Funds
- Rio Vista Awaits New Swimming Pool
- New Library A Novel Concept
- Donation To Assist Special Needs Children
- Nut Tree Developer Wants More Than Stores
- Supervisors To Peruse Agricultural Study
- Window-maker CertainTeed, with local plant, bought...
- Trans Bay Steel leases former Pilgrim building in ...
- Five experts on economic matters put Greater Sacra...
- About 300 companies appearing at S.F. biotech conf...
- Vallejo Attempts To Protect Itself In Ferry Takeov...
- 'Hispanomics' In Vallejo
- Benicia Dream Dinners Dishes Up New Meal Options
- Windows of Hope
- EIR Update For Landfill Expansion Reviewable
- ▼ January (81)
- ► 2007 (799)
- ► 2006 (662)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)