'Yes' on Measure H
The Solano Economic Development Corporation's Board of Directors voted unanimously to support Measure H on the June 6 ballot. This measure will address critically needed traffic congestion relief and provide funds necessary to address traffic safety improvements.
The Solano EDC is a unique public/private partnership which exists to improve the economic climate of Solano County. The board believes addressing traffic congestion and safety is critical to improving our local economic climate.
The Solano Transportation Improvement Authority's expenditure plan for Measure H was developed with extensive public participation. We believe the expenditure plan provides a balance of the traffic needs identified by the residents of Solano County.
Our local businesses rely on the movement of goods and services on a daily basis in order to continue providing local jobs and a strong economy. Without improvements to our transportation system, traffic congestion and safety concerns will impact our local economy. Further, Solano County needs a good transportation network to attract new businesses, which will provide good jobs for local residents, many of whom currently commute out of the county.
It is for these reasons that the Board of Directors of the Solano Economic Development Corporation strongly supports the passage of Measure H on June 6.
Chairman of the Board, Solano Economic Development Corp.
- ► 2007 (799)
- Bay Area businesses leaders optimistic about forec...
- Median family income rose 3.15 percent over the pa...
- Tourism report shows Napa's appeal helps North Bay...
- Business confidence in Sonoma County remained stro...
- Massive Solano wind energy project comes online
- Suisun City Old Town anchor project gets green lig...
- Vacaville Nut Tree overpass to be completed by Aug...
- Solano County predicts $20 million surplus
- California employers are poised to see a third str...
- Lennar learning from base projects
- Career fair attracts several hundred with 85 emplo...
- UC leads patent list for 12th year
- spirit' keeps downtown Fairfield businesses evolvi...
- Massive Solano County wind energy project comes on...
- March unemployment down in East Bay - East Bay Bus...
- Vallejo's Hiddenbrooke housing project moves forwa...
- Rosier year at Sutter Health
- WestAmerica earnings up 17 percent in Q1 - Sacrame...
- UC Davis offers freshman admission to record numbe...
- BIO 2006 in Chicago Surpasses Records
- 'Yes' on Measure H
- Developer Shops for Retail Anchor
- Alza Gets Honor as Employer in Region
- Suisun, Rio Vista Look to the Water to Bring in Mo...
- Solano EDC Backing Sales-Tax Measure
- Portofino in the Pipeline
- Food Manufacturer Brings Economic Nutrition to Fai...
- Senate Bill Proposes Millions to Buy More C-17s
- Suisun City Eyes Revamp in Downtown
- Bee Liners Now Part of Travis' C-17 Squadron
- Suisun City to Sell Downtown Land to Developer
- Squadron Flies Last Mission on C-5 Galaxy
- Face Lift Under Way for Plaza Downtown
- Fairfield Already Safer
- ▼ April (34)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)