April 27, 2006
Nut Tree overpass to be completed by August
By Daily Republic staff
VACAVILLE - Drivers can expect to use the new, improved Nut Tree Drive overcrossing by August, Deputy Public Works Director Shawn Cunningham said.
The record rains earlier this year pushed the completion date for the much-anticipated project back nearly two months.
Once completed, drivers crossing Interstate 80 will have a four-lane roadway with left-turn pockets. It replaces what was a two-lane bridge and an aging hook-shaped ramp to bring drivers to what was once the Nut Tree.
"This will take a lot of the traffic and congestion off of Allison Drive," Cunningham said.
Vacaville isn't too worried about the delay because the construction of the adjacent Nut Tree project was also delayed by rains "and our main goal is to keep pace with the private development," Cunningham said.
Copyright © 2005, 2006. Daily Republic
Friday, April 28, 2006
- ► 2007 (799)
- Bay Area businesses leaders optimistic about forec...
- Median family income rose 3.15 percent over the pa...
- Tourism report shows Napa's appeal helps North Bay...
- Business confidence in Sonoma County remained stro...
- Massive Solano wind energy project comes online
- Suisun City Old Town anchor project gets green lig...
- Vacaville Nut Tree overpass to be completed by Aug...
- Solano County predicts $20 million surplus
- California employers are poised to see a third str...
- Lennar learning from base projects
- Career fair attracts several hundred with 85 emplo...
- UC leads patent list for 12th year
- spirit' keeps downtown Fairfield businesses evolvi...
- Massive Solano County wind energy project comes on...
- March unemployment down in East Bay - East Bay Bus...
- Vallejo's Hiddenbrooke housing project moves forwa...
- Rosier year at Sutter Health
- WestAmerica earnings up 17 percent in Q1 - Sacrame...
- UC Davis offers freshman admission to record numbe...
- BIO 2006 in Chicago Surpasses Records
- 'Yes' on Measure H
- Developer Shops for Retail Anchor
- Alza Gets Honor as Employer in Region
- Suisun, Rio Vista Look to the Water to Bring in Mo...
- Solano EDC Backing Sales-Tax Measure
- Portofino in the Pipeline
- Food Manufacturer Brings Economic Nutrition to Fai...
- Senate Bill Proposes Millions to Buy More C-17s
- Suisun City Eyes Revamp in Downtown
- Bee Liners Now Part of Travis' C-17 Squadron
- Suisun City to Sell Downtown Land to Developer
- Squadron Flies Last Mission on C-5 Galaxy
- Face Lift Under Way for Plaza Downtown
- Fairfield Already Safer
- ▼ April (34)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)