June 24, 2005
Pacific Gas and Electric Co. said Friday that it has met its renewable energy goal for the year with a contract for up to 75 megawatts of wind energy in Solano County.
The contract, with PPM Energy's Shiloh Wind Project LLC, would supply enough power to serve more than 50,000 customers, Fong Wan, vice president of power contracts and electric resources development, said in a statement.
With the agreement, PG&E said that it has met its annual goal of increasing its renewable purchases by a minimum of 1 percent of retail load.
Under California's Renewables Portfolio Standards Program, each investor-owned utility is required to increase its procurement of eligible renewable generating resources by 1 percent of load per year to achieve a 20 percent renewables goal.
Pacific Gas and Electric Co. is a unit of PG&E Corp. (NYSE: PCG) of San Francisco and one of the major energy suppliers in Greater Sacramento.
- ► 2007 (799)
- ► 2006 (662)
- A look at Solano's economic future
- Vacaville among top 100 spots to live, Relocate-Am...
- Bakery brings European touch to Vacaville
- East Bay economy to continue growing
- Business - Long-term prosperity seen for Sacrament...
- UOP forecasts $199B Sac metro economy in 2030
- East Bay predicted to lead region in economic gain...
- Dixon funds marquee train station
- Solano County sets torrid pace for growth
- A tale of two cities: Dixon and Davis
- Preparing for terror - Solano county agencies work...
- PG&E meets renewable energy goal
- Publisher will print overseas
- $100 MILLION ROBERT MONDAVI WINE AND FOOD INSTITUT...
- ThinkGlobal: International Trade News and Informat...
- California housing prices soar, but sales slow
- Proposal for Two New Hotels in Green Valley Corpor...
- Alden Place Prices on Mare Island include all trim...
- Area job forecast looks strong
- County crops bring in roughly $206 million for are...
- Bay Area CFOs see slight hiring uptick in Q3
- Biotech is outshining pharma at turning research i...
- Suisun reveals developer, but not its plans, for M...
- Budget wise, things looking good in Dixon
- Nursery seeks to root near Lagoon Valley
- Suisun to name developers for downtown project
- Senate passes Schwarzenegger's 'million solar roof...
- Plans are in place for 3 million square feet of Bi...
- ▼ June (28)
- ► 2004 (125)