Ready to Take Off
Renovation of Mall Complete
By Reporter Staff
A refurbished entrance to Westfield Solano mall in Fairfield features images of Travis Air Force Base. (Brad Zweerink/The Reporter)
Fairfield will celebrate the grand opening of a renovated Westfield Solano mall today.
The celebration begins at 9:30 a.m. at the Flight Entrance on the west side of the center. Westfield's more than $20 million revitalization was designed to bring elements of the Solano landscape and environment inside the mall, said Westfield officials. It includes updates and improvements to the center's architecture and amenities for shoppers.
"When planning the renovation of our Solano center, we knew the importance of incorporating the heritage and culture of the area," said Larry Green, Westfield's senior vice president of development. "To spotlight culture and area traditions, we've created four new themed entrance areas: 'Flight,' 'County Fair,' 'Vineyard' and 'Farmers Market' to reflect the rich heritage and contribution of the Travis Air Force Base, Solano County Fair, the region's lush vineyards and agriculture."
Westfield has made other notable enhancements to the Solano center including 2,000 feet of skylights, new carpeting and stone floors, cherry wood and glass handrails and 14 new seating lounges throughout to offer comfortable and peaceful places to relax when shopping.
In celebration, Westfield will host a variety of family entertainment and special activities throughout the weekend ranging from roaming musicians to children's activities such as face painting, caricature drawings, character meet and greets and henna tattoos. Shoppers can also expect several retailers to offer special promotions this weekend.
The mall is located at 135 Travis Boulevard in Fairfield. For more information, call 425-1164 or visit www.westfield.com.
- ► 2007 (799)
- $5.1 MILLION TO FUND AG HEALTH AND SAFETY CENTER A...
- WEST VILLAGE DEVELOPMENT CROSSES LATEST HURDLE
- County Economic Summit Planned
- Solano Competing for Big Transportation Dollars
- City OKs Marina Project Accord
- A Jewel for Cordelia
- Sutter, NorthBay, Kaiser to Revamp Fairfield Facil...
- Suisun to Negotiate for Entertainment Boat
- Stem Cell Loans Advance
- Buyers Market Strengthens on Fewer Home Sales
- Campus in Vallejo Shaping Up Well
- Helpful Herceptin
- From Vacant to Vibrant
- Tanner Named City Manager
- UC DAVIS WEST VILLAGE DEVELOPMENT CROSSES LATEST H...
- Genentech breast-cancer drug gets FDA OK - Sacrame...
- Regents approve UC Davis' West Village project - S...
- Valley unemployment rate down to 4.2% - Silicon Va...
- Home Prices Stabilize, but Sales Slump
- Council Backs Grants For Aid To Downtown
- Big Business Deals Head to Vacaville
- East Bay home sales down more than 20% - East Bay ...
- UC Davis agricultural center gets funding renewal ...
- Home sales, prices continue to fall - Sacramento B...
- Travis Credit Union's Van Ouwerkerk named credit u...
- Women make up less than 10 percent of California e...
- BIRDS LANDING, SOLANO COUNTY / New windmills near ...
- New Electricity is Blowing in Solano's Winds
- City Council OKs Wal-Mart Impact Study
- Dixon Downs Gets Final OK From Council
- Tenants Fill Up Nut Tree Spaces
- Suisun Hopes to Start on Hotel Before Summer
- Biotech Giant's First Big Buy
- Suisun City Considers Reservations For a New Hotel...
- 'Critical Link' to Relieve Congestion
- Ready to Take Off
- Welcome Results for Business
- OK of Prop 1A Will Aid Solano
- Water Agency Unveils Guide to Regulations
- Solano County, 90 modern wind turbines churn out 1...
- Oakland ice creamery Fentons to open second shop i...
- Vallejo Council to consider university village con...
- Travis way station offers care, nurturing
- Vacaville Overpasses are Link to Economic Developm...
- Freshman enrollment up 25 percent at UC Davis - sa...
- The California Aggie - UCDMC plans to open stem ce...
- On the Road to Transit
- Nut Tree Sprouting More Firms
- ▼ November (48)
- ► 2005 (627)
- ► 2004 (125)